Do you really understand the Guest Conduct Policy aka 'The RULES'?

Yes, in society when I see a yeild or stop sign, I yeild or stop. There isn't always an official there to "police us" I guess they think that when you have a licence and learn the rules of the road that we don't need to have a cop at every stop sign.

That’s right. And when you get caught breaking that rule there are consequences. The cruise line needs consequences.

Last month somebody on the board Firefighterhoop was kicked off ever sailing on RCL again because of violating the rules. he never came back on the board. At least he never came back under that name, maybe he changed names.

Caitlyn is right, Hoop was allowed to cruise as planned - Liberty Inaugural. He has been posting lately however, we will NEVER hear all of the details as to why he was banned and then reinstated :mad:

###

I would like more people to respond to this thread so I can get a better sense of the fairness of the policies which RCI has documented.

There is no rhyme or reason, some ships enforce (some) policies and other do not. It not only changes from ship to ship, it changes from week to week. Not what you wanted hear, however that is reality :eek:

###

I think there are way more inconsistencies than we believe.While I know that TJ...... knows from what she speaks,the sign in the Solarium on Rhapsody states...."The Solarium pool and hot tubs are for use by our adult guests,guests 16 and younger are requested to use forward pools."

I think rsscaptain is sad FOR THE CHILD because those responsible for him/her do not care enough about the child to shield him/her from things that perhaps are not appropriate for a young person.

I am sure captain will correct me if I have misinterpreted the comment.

I will agree with this statement, but I might also add that only sometimes does the cruise compass say "adults only" and I have participated and attended many quest games. Having said that, never was there a time in which it would have been inappropriate for a teen to be there. Many young kids and teens see far more on the TV and on the pool decks, and though the Quest is fun, it is not X rated, barely even R rated when compared to an R rated movie which would actually have foul language and actual nudity which is not typical at the Quest.

I break personal rules. I leave for a 14 nighter in two days and I fully intend to have at least one drink prior to noon......I'm the James Dean of Scotland, a Rebel Without A Clue:)

Will post appraisal on return. In the meantime, I'm OUT OF HERE!!!

Alan

I will agree with this statement, but I might also add that only sometimes does the cruise compass say "adults only" and I have participated and attended many quest games. Having said that, never was there a time in which it would have been inappropriate for a teen to be there. Many young kids and teens see far more on the TV and on the pool decks, and though the Quest is fun, it is not X rated, barely even R rated when compared to an R rated movie which would actually have foul language and actual nudity which is not typical at the Quest.
Yes, but some parents think their children should be shielded from violent movies, activities, etc. and not from the type of activities going on at Quest. Who are we to say they're wrong?

When did you cruise? Could this be a resent change? Perhaps because half the people thought it was to their own discretion and the other half thought adults only and complained? Maybe RCI finally decided to make it specific.

In November on the Jewel and in April on the Majesty the cruise compass stated Adults Only, on the Majesty the CD did not kick out children but said something like I think those children may need alot of expensive therapy after this:p the children were young probably under 13 :mad:

I'm ok with the 16 age on the solarium--- it's the younger children that jump in the pool, run around and are constantly yelling, they just plain do not belong there, they have plenty of areas to play and be kids, just not in the solarium...I feel that the inconsiderate parents with the "does not apply to my children) need to get a clue and respect other people.

We seem to have become obsessed with this adult/child rule business.

What about the other rules and regulations imposed by RCI.

People that flout the dress regulations for example, those who insist on hogging sun beds, these have been discussed at great lengths on other threads, however the one rule that needs to be broken as far as I am concerned, and I am sure many will agree is the totally ridiculous alcohol ban. That is of course the one that says that you cannot bring your own booze onboard.

Now when I have spent around £2,500 on a cruise for myself and wife, when my onboard bar bill will be about £400 at the end of a two week cruise I cannot think of any reason why I should not be able to have a couple of drinks on my balcony drinking my own wine.

I have been on two RCI cruises only so far but have one booked for next year and every time I packed my own drink, I brought a bottle back from Cadiz last time and so far have not been stopped, maybe lucky I don't know, either way if it is taken off me, fine, as long as I get it back at the end.

I hate being treated like a naughty schoolboy, I am going on a cruise to enjoy myself, I do not get drunk or behave abusivley and it is about time that RCI began treating us as responsible adults.

The mainly english company P&O have no problem with this and their standards are much, much higher than RCI.

Is it an american thing maybe? Do you yanks tend to get drunk easier and/or not know how to behave?

Anyway I will continue to cruise with RCI and to hell with their drinks policy.

Rant over.

Adults should be able to read the rules and follow them, without someone coming along with a ruler to slap their little hands. Telling me that you won't follow the rules, unless they are enforced wins you no points, in my book. Does that mean it's okay to come into my home and rob me, because if I don't see you that rule cannot be enforced? Come on.

So what if they don't enforce them? Doesn't give me permission to make a monkey out of myself, nor anyone else permission to break them.

I don't give a rats patoot what rules people break that do not harm my health, happiness and safety. Just treat others as you would like to be treated. Seems like a simple concept to me.

Getting off my soapbox to make some oatmeal. Yuck. Stupid diet.

I think the closest I've come to breaking any rules was when I brought my bf to the plat/diamond party, and he's "only" gold. It actually doesn't say "plus one" on the invitation. I don't even think that counts though! :p :)

There will always be a segment of society that does not follow rules; that is why we have law enforcement agencies. It is no different on a cruise ship. On our previous sailings there has always been an employee checking identification at the entrances to the lounges. I can see why the cruise line would be carefully at the bars to prevent underage drinking and the harm that could come to those individuals…..or maybe it is just to decrease their liability. :rolleyes:

At the Solarium pool staff members should ask underage kids to leave when they see them there. The same applies to diapers, etc.

Now, chair hogs should always be asked to walk the plank. There is no excuse for this type of behavior. 4.gif

I've made my thoughts on the RCI booze policy clear. I have not smuggled onto RCI and I won't. I don't want to worry about a bottle breaking in my luggage, but that's just my worry. If you want to take a bar onboard, be my guest. I would laugh my head off, but I think it's the darned dumbest rule in the universe. That does not harm my enjoyment of the cruise.

People who are going to get trashed and fall overboard, are going to do it with or without in-room booze.

Chair hogs should be beaten, keel hauled and banned. Just my opinion.

I've written many times about the folks who put an entire teddy bear family into the best chairs by the pool before 5 am. If I did not worry about littering, I would have tossed them into the ocean.

I've written many times about the folks who put an entire teddy bear family into the best chairs by the pool before 5 am. If I did not worry about littering, I would have tossed them into the ocean.

You could have taken them for a swim in the pool! :D

Archived