Carnival Splendor, to Operate Seven-Day Mexican Riviera Cruises in March 2009

Flip2cruise

I thought it was strange that the current Splendor Caribbean itinerary ended with a 1/29/09 cruise.

So I would assume after that cruise she will be heading to California.

Since its almost 2 years away, Im sure they are in talks with ports and shore excursions. If they call on SA ports like Brazil..sign me up!!!

A certain someone on the Freedom last month hinted that it would indeed go to a place where they have Nuts named after them, and a Carnivale, but that he wasn't supposed to say anything about it.

Thats sweet, about time Carnival gave us on the Left Coast a break :D San Diego is going to be beefing up their cruise terminal also to hold even more ships, not sure when this will happen.

I will be on the Splendor on the very first March cruise out of Long Beach but Im all pooped out with the Mexican Riviera, well I guess I can always stay onboard :D

Going to go start a roll call, see you there.

Fred

I talked with my PVP today and he told me that the Pride will mostly be going to a different port. The splendor is going to be going out of LA because they dont want to get themselves in the same position as RCL (Freedom of the Seas can't fill the ship) and there are people in LA

Just out of curiosity, can you explain what you meant by this statement?

Do you see the little guy at the end? :rolleyes: His name is Roll Eyes (Sarcastic). Let me try that again. His name is Roll Eyes (Sarcastic). Now is the meaning clear?

What would you call it:confused:

I would call it a very short word. My dictionary says that it is the third person singular pronoun. It is also used as an abbreviation for Information Technology. What would you call it? :)

Thats sweet, about time Carnival gave us on the Left Coast a break :D San Diego is going to be beefing up their cruise terminal also to hold even more ships, not sure when this will happen.

I will be on the Splendor on the very first March cruise out of Long Beach but Im all pooped out with the Mexican Riviera, well I guess I can always stay onboard :D

Going to go start a roll call, see you there.

Fred

Hey Fred, we just might finally meet up after all this Cruise Critic talking. You know, it's very possible the Pride may just move on down to San Diego & the Spirit could start some round trip Hawaii cruises. Just an idea......

David

Upcoming Cruises:

Holland America Noordam: Alaska-09/23/07

Past Cruises:

NCL Star: Mexico-Apr/2007

Carnival Liberty: Western Carribean-Jan/2007

Carnival Paradise: Baja Mexico-Dec/2006

Carnival Pride: Mexico-Oct/2006

Carnival Spirit: Mexico-Feb/2006

NCL Star: Alaska-Sept/2005

Carnival Paradise: Baja Mexico-Apr/2005

Carnival Pride: Mexico-Sept/2004

Carnival Elation: Mexico-June/2003

Hey Fred, we just might finally meet up after all this Cruise Critic talking.

Yes, this would be the cruise to finally meet everyone !!!

I've already send messages out to all of my old roll calls, most of them are from the Left Coast also, good people too.

130,000 Gross Tons, I don't think Wendy is going to like it as she didnt like the size of the Valor but I did :D

Roll call info here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=572135

Fred

130,000 Gross Tons, I don't think Wendy is going to like it as she didnt like the size of the Valor but I did :D

The Splendor is "only" 112,000 GRT ...

02/02/2006 spacer.gif MIAMI – Carnival Splendor is the name Carnival Cruise Lines has chosen for its new 112,000-ton cruise ship scheduled to enter service in spring 2008.

Here is the link ... http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/splendor_name.aspx

The Splendor is "only" 112,000 GRT ...

02/02/2006 spacer.gif MIAMI – Carnival Splendor is the name Carnival Cruise Lines has chosen for its new 112,000-ton cruise ship scheduled to enter service in spring 2008.

Close :) Its actually 113,300

A new class of "Fun Ship," the 113,300-ton Carnival Splendor will introduce a host of innovations, highlighted by a luxurious 21,000-square-foot health and fitness facility surrounded by 68 exclusive spa staterooms and suites - a first for the line.

The Splendor is "only" 112,000 GRT .

You're right, not sure where I got 130,000 from???

A new class of “Fun Ship,” the 113,300-ton Carnival Splendor will introduce a host of innovations, highlighted by a luxurious 21,000-square-foot health and fitness facility surrounded by 68 exclusive spa staterooms and suites – a first for the line.

Fred

Close :) Its actually 113,300

A new class of "Fun Ship," the 113,300-ton Carnival Splendor will introduce a host of innovations, highlighted by a luxurious 21,000-square-foot health and fitness facility surrounded by 68 exclusive spa staterooms and suites - a first for the line.

My quote and link are from Carnival's website. Where is yours from?

Archived