Infinity Dining Room Seating

auntdot

I am learning from reading all the great posts that sometimes it pays to ask for things! Here's hoping someone can advise us about whether we should ask for a table near the 'big window' in the Trellis Dining Room.

We are booked for Alaska on 8/26. I have seen some of the great photologues and read reviews about air quality etc on Infinity, but am wondering what it's like to sit at the 'big window' for an early seating for dinner. Is it 'hot'? What size are the tables? Is there a lot of motion right at the aft? Is there a fabulous place to sit in that dining room?Anything you can tell us would be appreciated. Would this be requested through the TA? or Celebrity?

We are due for final payment in a few days and would like to make sure we have all our 'requests' looked after before then!

Many thanks,

Dot

ive never heard of requesting a certain area to sit in a dinning room, im not sure if celebrity does it..

we sat upstairs by a window, we had a 6 seater table it was nice, easy access...

and there was a window,,

call celebrity and ask if they can take requests like that,,

melissa

The "Big" window is covered with "Big" shades if sun is direct. When the shades are up it is very nice especially in the Inside Passage.

No reason why you should not ask for it via X or your TA. You will be close to the the Captains table then and out in the middle where it is noisier.

The only comment I would have about seating is that you request to be seated at something other than a table of 8. We were recently on the Infinity at an "8" which turned out to be very tight. I noticed that nearby tables of 6 used the same (physical) sized tables ... they just had two less people.

We had a group of nine on Infinity, March 25, through the Panama Canal and had a wonderful table, all to ourselves, in the middle of the lower floor. Our view was of the staircase to the the upper floor. We had late seating and it was dark when we were seated at 8:30 p.m. There was never a problem with motion.

Bob

I am learning from reading all the great posts that sometimes it pays to ask for things! Here's hoping someone can advise us about whether we should ask for a table near the 'big window' in the Trellis Dining Room.

We are booked for Alaska on 8/26. I have seen some of the great photologues and read reviews about air quality etc on Infinity, but am wondering what it's like to sit at the 'big window' for an early seating for dinner. Is it 'hot'? What size are the tables? Is there a lot of motion right at the aft? Is there a fabulous place to sit in that dining room?Anything you can tell us would be appreciated. Would this be requested through the TA? or Celebrity?

We are due for final payment in a few days and would like to make sure we have all our 'requests' looked after before then!

Many thanks,

Dot

I have seen threads recommending that people go to the dining room upon boarding to see if they like their table assignment. Does this mean that the assignment will be changed if you want it to be? (What happens to the people that were at the table you were assigned to?) Is there a "most" desirable place to sit in the early seating on the Infinity Alaska cruise? Does the "preferential" seating you are supposed to get with a suite or with concierge class make you more likely to get a table change when you get on board and request it at the dining room?

I have seen threads recommending that people go to the dining room upon boarding to see if they like their table assignment. Does this mean that the assignment will be changed if you want it to be? (What happens to the people that were at the table you were assigned to?) Is there a "most" desirable place to sit in the early seating on the Infinity Alaska cruise? Does the "preferential" seating you are supposed to get with a suite or with concierge class make you more likely to get a table change when you get on board and request it at the dining room?

When you ask for a change, they will put you at a table where there is an opening. It may take a few days to get to a desired location if at all.

Everyone has their table assignments in their cabin when they board - and if they displaced people to seat you at a particular table, they would have to ask them to move (can you hear the complaints?).

The maitre'd's do a terrific job of juggling the seating for those that request changes. Unless we don't like our table companions, we hate to burden them for a table change just for location. After all, if you have good tablemates, food, and service, you really don't look out that much at dinner. And on formal nights, the shades are drawn so that eliminates the view from a couple of nights.

Many thanks for your ideas! Maybe we should just take our chances instead of trying to specify something when we are not certain it will be any better than what we might get by random selection!! :)

I will just tag onto this thread and ask about the tables for 4 on Infinity. Are they generally in a good location? Do these get taken first or do few people want them?

They are spread around the room in various locations. I don't know if any of the tables (2/12) are in a bad location. Some are just better than others if you follow my drift.

Archived