Drinks and wine on Azamara ?

rubens

Drinks of the day were $6.00

Most beers were $4.50. Guinness was $6.00.

Wines were: WHITE, 7.00 to 11.00; RED, 7.00 to 12.00; White Zinfandel was 6.00.

Scotch, Rye, Bouorbon, Gin and Liquers were $6.00

Martinis were $10.00 to $12.00

Arlene

The Guinness was in a can. There was no tap beer anywhere on the ship. Jim was told they only had bottles or cans of any beer. There was no tap of any kind.

We waited on deck 5 when we came home to Bayonne, and were watching them unloading the trucks and loading the ship. We saw them take all the paraphernalia for tap beer (refirgerators, taps, kegs) from the trucks to load on the ship. Maybe they have tap beer now. Hopefully!

Arlene

We drink a lot of soda, and they didn't have fountain soda anywhere on the ship either. Just all cans and bottles! Sodas were $1.50 each, or you could get a soda sticker for $35 for the week. They add a 15% gratuity to your account for every drink that you order (or in our case, gratuity on the sticker).

I do not know the price of a bottle of wine. We had a party of 10, and we usually had a table of 6 and a table of 4, but Jim and 1 other person drank wine. They took it by the glass, as they both did not want the same kind.

Arlene

We drink a lot of soda, and they didn't have fountain soda anywhere on the ship either. Just all cans and bottles! Sodas were $1.50 each, or you could get a soda sticker for $35 for the week. They add a 15% gratuity to your account for every drink that you order (or in our case, gratuity on the sticker).

I plan on getting the soda stickers for the kids as we have done in the past on Celebrity. On the Horizon they gave us tall Coke cups or when we were in the dining room they would bring soda in a glass. Is this not the case now? Also...if they go to a bar and order a soda is it given to them in a can and we are charged a gratuity?

I plan on getting the soda stickers for the kids as we have done in the past on Celebrity. On the Horizon they gave us tall Coke cups or when we were in the dining room they would bring soda in a glass. Is this not the case now? Also...if they go to a bar and order a soda is it given to them in a can and we are charged a gratuity?

When we bought the stickers, we were told that they didn't have the tall coke cups and did we still want to do it. I didn't ask if they won't ever have the cups, or if that was just on the sailing we were on. So, anywhere I went to get a soda, they poured out the can, and gave it to us in the cup/glass with ice.

They did not charge a gratuity each time... I should have been more clear. When we bought the sticker, our card was charged $35, plus 15%. Then, each time we got one, they asked to see our sticker, but that was it.

In general, we actually found it difficult to get sodas sometimes. In the dining room, the sommelier wouldn't get it for us, and it was usually hard to find a bar server that we could ask. There was no bar area open in the lunch buffet area, so we had to walk out to the pool bar and then back to the buffet to get soda.

Also, it took a lot of tries asking for the sticker before we got it. They kept sending us to different places. We were finally successful in the Martini Bar outside the main dining room. He had a whole drawer full of rolls, so you should start there first.

Archived