LA Port to LA Amtrak Station

JMB

Anyone have any experience/suggestions/cost estimates for getting from Princess at LA port to the Amtrak station in downtown Los Angeles? Time should not be a critical factor as train leaves at 6:45 p. m. after early morning arrival of ISLAND PRINCESS.

Thanks in advance for your input.

JMB

Although the easiest way would be a cab from the pier, you can also take a direct bus from LAX to Union Station for $3-$4. This would still mean getting to LAX, so I don't see how it would be a help, but might be depending on the number of pax and luggage. Where are you going on the train?--it might be just as easy to rent a car across the street from the pier and drive there. That's what I did to get to San Diego--cost $75. plus gas for a one-day rental of a Nissan Murano SUV--very nice!

Happy Cruising

We will be going via rail to Chicago and beyond, so renting a car doesn't work for us. Anyone have an estimate of taxi cab fare which is probably what this will come down to? Two adults and baggage.

JMB

Check with the shuttle services in the LA area. Supershuttle and Primetime - check with their rates. I have no idea what the taxi would be but you call and ask for an estimate. Also check limo rates - you may get a good deal.

CruisinChick thanks for your links.

We have a similar situation. I think we chatted earlier. I had stopped looking for everything but have to get busy now.

I have narrowed it down to coming in on the train, cabbing to a LAX hotel, doing a tour or two. Then will cab or shuttle to the ship. I have to figure out what time we will be getting off the ship and decide if we will stay in LA one more night before going to Vegas by tour, doing that then getting back to LA to the train. Many hings to think out. I am sure I will get your advice later.

Have your heard any comments about the Embassy Suites at the LAX?

I would strongly suggest you do not stay at an LAX hotel. The area around the airport is not the best. There are far better areas to stay to do your tours.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I found posts by CJW and SteveBruin who gave some very good suggestions earlier. So thank you guys, it is the CalMAr for us. Now to get the 3rd(post cruise) part of the trip settled.

Archived