Would we have enough time?

falnangel7

I've been reviewing the threads here and I keep finding stuff that I want to do. For those of you that have been there, maybe you can help me decide if I'm trying to do too much...

Wildlife Reserve to see the monkeys

Stop at the Blue Monkey beach to see the turtles and maybe lunch

Rum factory tour at Malibu

Shopping (mainly want to see the pottery shop and someplace that sells jewlery - someone mentioned seeing David Yurman somewhere for a 10-15% discount)

If this is too much, is there a place that sells Malibu's LIME rum, other than at the factory? I know its easy, and perhaps cheaper to get the other flavors on other islands, but the Lime is hard to get. I don't care as much about the factory tour there, but it would be interesting.

What does everyone think? Too much?

Sorry I forgot to include that...

According to our itinerary, we're supposed to arrive at 7am and leave at 5:30 pm. I don't know how long it generally takes for them to let you off the ship, but to be safe I'd say we'd have about 7 or 8 hours in port.

Thanks in advance for any input!

I have no idea about the other things on your list, but a trip to the Wildlife Reserve, allowing an hour or so to wander through it, will take up most of the morning. It is in the northern part of the island, and although the actual distance from Bridgetown isn't that far, the roads are small and speeds are slow.

Suggestion.

Stop at beach to see the turtles in the morning (before the guided tour boats arrive) Then go on to wildlife reserve. When finish with wild life reserve go across the road to farley hill park (Fantastic view and picture opp of the entire east coast of Barbados.) Then if you have enough time on the way back to port stop of at the rum factory for your favorite blend. There is shoping at the port and the odds are good that you will get the rum you want there so you can get that out of the way in the morning or on your return to the ship. Enjoy Barbados it's a great island.

Archived