Marriott Kauai Beach club.

SAN

My family is on an Infinity cruise to Hawaii in Dec. I would like to know if The Marriott will let passengers from the cruise lines use the services of their hotel for a day.

The last time I cruised Hawaii, the Marriott was then called the Westin and the Constitution had guest privilages at the hotel, free, and we were shuttle to the hotel.

Do anything guest services.exist like that now and is there a charge?

Thank you for your help.

Remember that all beaches in Hawaii are public property - hotels can't stop you from using the beaches in front of their property. There are no private beaches. Of course, you may need to walk a bit to get access to the beach ... :)

Spleen

There is a free shuttle service to the small shopping area less than 5 min ride and the Marriott resort is about 5 min walk from the shopping. I do not think you can rent anything, but we used their chairs and nobody said anything to us. In Maui, we went to Kanapali beach, Westin hotel wanted $70.00/day or $40.00 for half a day for rental of one cabana. Their grass felt very soft and nice.

See you in December...........

I called Marriott the other day to see about day use rates - they no longer have them and wont allow access to their facilities - but we decided we would just go there and hang out at Kalapaki beach - and as Spleen says - just use the beach. I did get rate info - no availability for the date we are there for Garden view (cheapest rate) and was told that a Partial ocean view partial pool view room would be $239 - a bit outrageous if you arent even going to sleep there. I chatted with my TA on this - but havent resolved anything. I called the resort directly several times, the number is 1800-228-9290 they do have a timeshare side of the house and we do own, but they werent able to help - they $239 is the best rate for our date. Spa can be used by the general public, you dont have to be a guest at the resort to book a service - or so I was told.

Guess its the shuttle or rent a car and go to Poipu, unless we choose from one of the lame snorkel tours Princess is offering for that island. Drat!

Archived