when to arrive for enchantment boarding at ft.lauderdale

My wife and I are cruising on Enchantment in two weeks out of Ft. Lauderdale. Last year at this port we arrived around 3pm and had a very long line to wait in to get on the boat. This year we would like to avoid this. We have a junior suite and were wondering when the best time is to arrive at the port for a quick boarding and for our luggage not to take too long to get to our suite. Thanks.

My wife and I are cruising on Enchantment in two weeks out of Ft. Lauderdale. Last year at this port we arrived around 3pm and had a very long line to wait in to get on the boat. This year we would like to avoid this. We have a junior suite and were wondering when the best time is to arrive at the port for a quick boarding and for our luggage not to take too long to get to our suite. Thanks.

11 A.M.

Really? Can you board that early and when does the Windjammer open? When can you get in the rooms? I am trying to ararnge a flight in to FLL for November and want to avoid as many lines as possible! I like to hit the ground running, get on the ship, have lunch and visit the pool while there are no chair hogs or crowds. It's my "pool time" for the whole week. Most people don't even know it's an option until much later in the day and by then I am toasty and ready to shower. It's my favorite thing to do when we board! I am ready to go!

Karen

We were at the port the last month at about 10:45, waited about 15 min for security to open and zoom!! Next thing we knew we were at the Windjammmer having lunch!:D

They start serving lunch around 12, but you can't get into your room until 1:00. Your luggage may arrive anytime between 1:00 and late at night..........ours was at our room before we left for muster drill.

Really? Can you board that early and when does the Windjammer open? When can you get in the rooms? I am trying to ararnge a flight in to FLL for November and want to avoid as many lines as possible! I like to hit the ground running, get on the ship, have lunch and visit the pool while there are no chair hogs or crowds. It's my "pool time" for the whole week. Most people don't even know it's an option until much later in the day and by then I am toasty and ready to shower. It's my favorite thing to do when we board! I am ready to go!

Karen

We've been allowed to board in the past just before 11am. And we went to the Windjammer soon after boarding - it was open - we ate and were done with lunch soon after 12 noon.

I'm sure it's not always this way - but it can be.

We've been allowed to board in the past just before 11am. And we went to the Windjammer soon after boarding - it was open - we ate and were done with lunch soon after 12 noon.

I'm sure it's not always this way - but it can be.

Thanks for the info. We just got off AOS in May and didn't even begin boarding until 11:30 and no lunch until noon. It was 90 degrees and humid. An elderly lady passed out in line. Nice to hear boarding for EnOS will be a little speedier! Fingers crossed!

Karen

Danny,

Have a ball on your cruise and let me know how it was when you get back. I will be on EOS in a month. I have been on her before and am interested to see it since the refurbishment.

I will let you know how it goes. My DW and I have decied to get to the port at 11am. We sailed this same cruise last year and we even managed to book the same junior suite because we loved our aft room sooo much.

We just got back from Enchantment and on Saturday the ship was late into the port for about 2 hours. The spoted some Cubans refugees and had to stop and wait for the Coast Guard to pick them up... We got to the port at around noon and the line was LONG!!! It was a mess but we did get onboard after about an hour.

Agree with mommabean. We were recently on the Enchantment in a JS. Arrived at the port around 10:00 am (there were a few stragglers still debarking) They started check in a little after 10:30 and we were on board before 11:00 am. Checked the dining room for our table location then on to the Windjammer which was open. Finished lunch around noon or so.

Happy Cruising:)

Tanker 4

I think we are going to try and arrive around 11:30. Im going to get a limo service to drive us down so we dont need to park the car there. Im hoping that makes things a bit easier.. once yet get on can you go straight to chops to reserve dinner reservations? I know that was the big thing on DCL to do when we first got on and I assume RCCL is no different..

We fly out for Fort lauderdale Sunday am for a 5 night embarkation Monday in a GS. Staying at the Pier 66 and renting a car. So we plan on dropping off the car between 10 - 10:30, then head to the ship. And even then, we are taking our time and not going to fell rushed.

We are currently at the Hyatt Pier 66....have been here for a couple days now. We plan on returning our rental car around 10:00 tomorrow morning (hopefully, returning will be quicker than renting as we stood in line at the airport rental car place for an hour!). We should get to the pier around 10:30. I was so surprised that their were no ships in port yesterday (Saturday). There are two in port today, a Princess I believe and a Carnival. Looking forward to being on the Enchantment tomorrow!

Archived