Galveston - Cruise Parking Security at Harbor House?

SATXLady

I'm at Harbor House the night before my cruise out of Galveston. I know it's a great location and sounds like a great hotel. I also know they offer free parking during the cruise (although they charge $10/day for parking while you stay there).

What I haven't seen any comments on is the security of their cruise parking. Is it in the regular parking lot or do they have a fenced in lot? If it's not secure, I'd rather pay for parking than leave my car there but if it is, I'll go ahead and use it. I know I could decide at the last minute after I arrive if I don't like the looks of it, but I'd prefer to know in advance.

Thanks.

I have stayed at HH for 2 nights in a row and didn't worry about the car. Their lot is not fenced, but access is limited by a swing arm controlled by an access code. It is not surrounded by a 12' fence and locked like EZ-Cruise, Dolphin, etc., but I personally would feel safe with my car at HH. Just my opinion.

I have parked my car there for a 7 day cruise and had no problem. I did notice when I was talking to the desk clerk that there was a tv monitor on the parking lot where you could see what was going on in the parking lot. But there is no fence and anyone could walk into the parking lot. The arm that controls entry only keeps unauthorized vehicles out, not people. There is no fence.

Archived