Tell me about Sorrentos

My next cruise will have a Sorrentos on it and I have never been to one, so I have a few questions...

1. Is it just pizza?

2. How is the food?

3. Is there a fee like with Johnny Rockets?

4. Is it open 24 hours like the Cafe Promenade?

Thanks for the info.

My next cruise will have a Sorrentos on it and I have never been to one, so I have a few questions...

1. Is it just pizza? No, they had salads, pastries, etc.

2. How is the food? Mediocre, same lousy cruise ship pizza.

3. Is there a fee like with Johnny Rockets? No fee.

4. Is it open 24 hours like the Cafe Promenade? Don't remember...

Thanks for the info.

Sorrentos is free. On Monarch, they also had cookies there behind the counter; not sure if that's normal. It was the last public eatery open on board, closing down at 1 or 2am - can't remember which.

The pizza wasn't spectacular, about the quality of a decent pizza from the frozen food aisle at your supermarket. But I enjoyed it.

Don't get too excited, the pizza sucks :eek:

###

A) That's a matter of opinion and

B) I'm sure the quality of pizza, just like the quality of food and service, vary from ship to ship.

We had snacks several times at Sorrento's and lunch there once on the Liberty. The pizza was not fantastic (we have high expectations coming from NY), but was definitely edible if you got a slice with good toppings on it. Yes, they had things other than pizza such as sandwhiches and some salads/anti pasta. I believe they also had cookies and a few other dessert selections as well. Best of all, there's no fee and it's right there in the promenade, so nice and convenient if you happen to be making use of one of the nearby bars or just want a quick snack without the hassel of going all the way up to the Windjammer. Hope this helps. :)

I was not overly impressed with the quality of the pizza yet the kids loved it as a late night snack/treat. Although it serves its purpose as a late night snack, in my opinion room service is a better option. On the Explorer they also offer small sandwiches, sweet treats and cookies in the same area.

1. Is it just pizza?

2. How is the food?

3. Is there a fee like with Johnny Rockets?

4. Is it open 24 hours like the Cafe Promenade?

Thanks for the info.

I think it varies from ship to ship. On Sovereign of the Seas, it is simply a small counter area just above the windjammer. They served only pizza, but had several types to choose from and it was actually pretty good.

A) That's a matter of opinion and

B) I'm sure the quality of pizza, just like the quality of food and service, vary from ship to ship.

We had snacks several times at Sorrento's and lunch there once on the Liberty. The pizza was not fantastic (we have high expectations coming from NY), but was definitely edible if you got a slice with good toppings on it. Yes, they had things other than pizza such as sandwhiches and some salads/anti pasta. I believe they also had cookies and a few other dessert selections as well. Best of all, there's no fee and it's right there in the promenade, so nice and convenient if you happen to be making use of one of the nearby bars or just want a quick snack without the hassel of going all the way up to the Windjammer. Hope this helps. :)

I thought the one on Freedom was very good. Not GREAT but good. I think most people thought there was a charge because the first few days it was almost always empty. Once word got out that it was free anytime, they started lining up. BTW: The pizza tastes much better after an all night party...

Is there a Sorrento's on Mariner of the Seas?

This is my and DH's first cruise and he was sooo looking forward to eating pizza at midnight (good lord we need to get a life). He will probably be dissapointed...oh well...I say whooo cares its free....(sort of).

Katie

Is there a Sorrento's on Mariner of the Seas?

This is my and DH's first cruise and he was sooo looking forward to eating pizza at midnight (good lord we need to get a life). He will probably be dissapointed...oh well...I say whooo cares its free....(sort of).

Katie

No Sorrentos on the Mariner, but the Cafe Promenade has pizza.

I think it varies from ship to ship. On Sovereign of the Seas, it is simply a small counter area just above the windjammer. They served only pizza, but had several types to choose from and it was actually pretty good.

Thanks. I will be on the Sovereign, so this info is great!

Is there any food places in the promenade that are "free"?

The food iin the cafe promanade on the Mariner is free. There is pizza, sandwiches, cookies, pastries. There is also regular/decalf coffee, hot tea and hot chocolate. The only thing that you pay for are speciality coffees and Ben and Jerry's which are at a bar/area adjoining.

Is there any food places in the promenade that are "free" on The Mariner?

The promenade cafe on the Mariner has pizza (usually just one or two types), finger sandwiches, pastries, and cookies. They will also give you milk if you request it. (gotta have it with the cookies)

Is there any food places in the promenade that are "free"?

Cafe Promenade is free to eat at. You only have to pay for specialty coffees.

As far as opinions about Sorrento's, you're going to get differing opinions because food is a very subjective thing.

I live in NJ and have NJ/NY pizza all the time & love it. HOWEVER, I do NOT expect a cruise ship to serve the same quality pizza, as of course they don't have the facitilies that a full-blown pizza place has. That being said, I LOVED Sorrento's!!! They had different kinds of pizza every day, some very inventive and AWESOME! And they have great smaller dishes too, like panini sandwiches, tomato & mozzerella salad, seafood dishes, and wonderful desserts! Sorrento's is one of my absolute favorites on the ship!! :)

It all depends on what ship you are on. On Freedom, it is on the Cafe Promenade and is open till 3:00 am. The food there is free (or included in your cruise fare). They also have antipasto salads and such. On Monarch, it was on the 2nd level on Windjammer and I don't believe it was open as late. Could be wrong though. It was great for a late night snack after the bars on Freedom. We never had it on Monarch.

I thought the one on Freedom was very good. Not GREAT but good. I think most people thought there was a charge because the first few days it was almost always empty. Once word got out that it was free anytime, they started lining up. BTW: The pizza tastes much better after an all night party...

I was wondering why I liked that pizza so much--it must've been after a long day of drinking. =)

Since Sorrentos serves Pizza, sandwiches, and pasta, with some cookies, what is left for the Cafe Promenade that was moved farther back in the mall?

They have the whole area behind the counter dedicated to all the specialty coffees, as well as the cookies & other desserts as well. They also have teas and hot chocolate. :)

Archived