QE2 QS Question

TAH

I was hoping somebody may be able to help me with a question concerning the QS grade Aquitania suite on the QE2. I am planning another trip and was thinking about trying this room as it looks wonderful. I was thinking of a Transat so a balcony would not be needed. I have only traveled in Q1 and Q2 levels and have enjoyed them. I have had a friend travel in a Q3 on 2 deck and said that the temperature was always very warm and hard to control. Does anybody know if the QS level on this deck have this problem? What do you think of the suites? Would you still choose Q1 or Q2 over them? Thank you for your help.

I was hoping somebody may be able to help me with a question concerning the QS grade Aquitania suite on the QE2. I am planning another trip and was thinking about trying this room as it looks wonderful. I was thinking of a Transat so a balcony would not be needed. I have only traveled in Q1 and Q2 levels and have enjoyed them. I have had a friend travel in a Q3 on 2 deck and said that the temperature was always very warm and hard to control. Does anybody know if the QS level on this deck have this problem? What do you think of the suites? Would you still choose Q1 or Q2 over them? Thank you for your help.

I haven't travelled in a QS, but have thought about it often. Like you, I normally travel in Q1 or Q2. I have done one westbound TA in 8081, two eastbound in 8001 and one westbound in 8018.

For a transatlantic the balcony is good for arrival in New York if you're on the starboard side for Manhattan, port for Brooklyn. The advantage is that your vantage point remains free! The Queen Elizabeth suite is the best site on the ship when coming in to Manhattan - I've done it once and treasure the memory.

The disadvantages of Q1/2 for transatlantic are movement and noise - relating more to wind than anything else. 8001 is far, far worse than 8018 from my experience, on both counts.

QS is clearly more stable, and is clearly less likely to suffer from wind. If you aren't a perfect sailor, then there are strong arguments in favour of a QS. The cabins are lovely.

However the big disadvantage is the loss of Signal Deck service, and loss of the proximity to the dining room.

It is a delicious dilemma.

Matthew

I would tend to avoid any of the Qs on deck 2 as the air conditioning is pretty poor below deck 1. However, if you are planning on doing the crossing in Winter, then it might be worth taking a gamble. The airconditioning on deck 2 might be able to cope in colder weather.

Regards, Louise

I would tend to avoid any of the Qs on deck 2 as the air conditioning is pretty poor below deck 1. However, if you are planning on doing the crossing in Winter, then it might be worth taking a gamble. The airconditioning on deck 2 might be able to cope in colder weather.

Regards, Louise

My mother spent a fortnight complaining 2070 was cold. This was in June in Norwegian waters, going up to Spitzbergen.

Matthew

Matthew, does your Mother feel cold easily? Also, deck 2 might be acceptable in Norway and other such cold locales, but below deck 1 is often quite horrid in warmer climes. The airconditioning on QE2 is a perpetual source of complaints on the World Cruise.

Regards, Louise

Archived