Need feedback on a cruise wedding...

dna515

Hi. I am going to be married in a year and I wanted some feedback from brides who were married on a cruise. I've looked into it a bit and the only thing I am not impressed with is the short amount of time devoted to the reception. Everything else seems wonderful though.. What did you like/dislike about it?

I was married on a glacier in Alaska as part of the cruise. I loved it. We did not have a reception on the ship, but I have heard a lot of people on here talk about having 50+ people for a reception. One thing I have heard is that going through the cruise groups department is better than going throught the wedding coordinators for the reception. Where are you thinking of going?

Dna515,

We just got married 10 days ago on St. Thomas while we were on a Carnival cruise. We got married on the beach instead of the ship and used a local wedding planner instead of Carnival's. If you're considering getting married onshore instead of on the ship, I'm happy to share any information.

Hello,

We just got married in Ocho Rios, Jamaica on the beach. We were sailing onboard Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas. We used a private island coordinator - www.tropicalweddingsjamaica.com. Our wedding day was beautiful and exceeded our expectations.

I would highly recommend that you do your research. Don't just go with cruise line coordinators (Royal Romance/The Wedding Experience), because from personal experience I can tell you they are HORRIBLE and highly overpriced! Look into using a private island coordinator.

If you would like pics or to know more info about our wedding please feel free to email me at a_denzer@yahoo.com.

Congratulations!

angie

I have been browsing these pages since about 4 months before I got married on RCCL.

The one thing I have really learned is that, if you want to make it as stress free as possible, really consider using coordinators from the island where you want to get married.

The cruiseline wedding coordinators are hit or miss in terms of what quality of customer service you are going to get.

Rklemay

Who did you use for vendors? My FI and I are getting married on shore in St. Thomas April 2008. I would love feedback!

We used Leslie with Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas. We got married at Secret Harbour Beach and everything was absolutely perfect. We had our reception at Blue Moon Cafe right on Secret Harbour Beach and it was wonderful also. Leslie did an incredible job of arranging everything. Our wedding was exactly the way we wanted it. We could not have been happier with how everything went.

Archived