Video of Kuranda Sky Rail in Cairns

Neilius

I took this mobile phone video of the Kuranda Sky Rail when I was in Cairns on Wednesday.

If you're ever in Cairns on one of the North Qld cruises on the Pacific Star or the Pacific Sun, this is one place worth seeing. It's only a half hour drive from Cairns.

You can take either a one-way or return trip. It's about 45 minutes each way, plus whatever time you take at the three stops along the way.

It cost me $39 to take a one-way trip down, and I had the gondola to myself for most of the journey.

A great experience.

Hi Neilius,

we did the train up and skyrail down last year. Breathtaking views !

Does the train leave from Cairns? And does it return there? Just wondering how easy it would be for someone on a cruise to do it.

Does the train leave from Cairns? And does it return there? Just wondering how easy it would be for someone on a cruise to do it.

The train leaves and returns to/from Cairns.

It's an easy walk, approx 2-3 blocks from where the ship docks, to 'Cairns Central' Shopping Centre (an actual complex) and the railway station is adjacent to the lower level...signposted well. The train is 'back on track' and it is a delightful trip both up to Kuranda & back.

Skyrail is also worth the trip. As a local :D I'd say the best 'deal' is up on the train & back down on Skyrail.

Cheers

Archived