Non US Passport Holders - Boarding ship

Matlily

I am travelling with a group of US passport holders and I am a Legal resident holding a UK passport and greencard, do I get onboard ship with them and stand in the same lines?? Anyone know?

Thanks

You'll be in the same lines for check-in, that starts before you actually get on the ship. Once you get to the counter with your docs and all, they will tell you what you need to have readily available in your hand and which direction to go, just make sure you have the i.d. close by and ready to show. It will be fine, relax & enjoy your vacation:)

Thanks, does that mean they separate us at some point?? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't thinks so, there is only 1 way to get onboard the ship, however, come time to go through

immigration or customs, or to dis-embark when the cruise is over, you may have to go through a

different line then, but not when first boarding.

i have read on here that non US residents have their foreign pps retained under lock and key by the crew until debarkation. don't know if this wld apply to a resident alien.

maybe someone can let you know and elaborate on this a little further. just bringing it up so you won't be alarmed if they tell you they need to keep it.

Thanks for asking this question, I am in the same boat, all the people I am travelling with are citizens, I am a Brit with an English passpot and a green card. I have seen on this board that St Thomas is a hassle with customs, I am kind of wondering if I will run into problems there.

Diana

Thanks for asking this question, I am in the same boat, all the people I am travelling with are citizens, I am a Brit with an English passpot and a green card. I have seen on this board that St Thomas is a hassle with customs, I am kind of wondering if I will run into problems there.

Diana

i think this is the reason (clearing you in advance for ports of call) why they retain the foreign pps. to avoid you, the guest, from having to deal w/ any of this once you board.

On the two cruises I have been on their have been two seperate lines. One for citizens, one for non citizens. Is that what you are asking? The one for non citizens was MUCH shorter!! There was practically no wait. Have a great cruise!:D

Galveston (Conquest) has a non-US Passanger check-in line (at least they did in October). It was better then VIP I tell ya. One of the people I was with was told she could have brought her US Citizen cabin-mate with her to that line but since it was Timmys_mom we just left her in the large pack. :D

Galveston (Conquest) has a non-US Passanger check-in line (at least they did in October). It was better then VIP I tell ya. One of the people I was with was told she could have brought her US Citizen cabin-mate with her to that line but since it was Timmys_mom we just left her in the large pack. :D

Thanks everyone sounds like a good deal to me, I will drag my US roommate with me to the shorter queue (ehh line):D

Archived