Towel animals on princess cruises

redjuliet

I just read another thread that someone had stated something about "no towel animals" on princess cruises. My husband has never been on one before and I always thought that was fun. Does anyone know if they do or not?

I just read another thread that someone had stated something about "no towel animals" on princess cruises. My husband has never been on one before and I always thought that was fun. Does anyone know if they do or not?

When I was on the Grand they didn't have any. It doesn't seem to be a Princess custom. They had them on Carnival and I thought they were fun too. I loved coming back to our cabin and finding a different one every night.

I have never seen a towel animal on any of my cruises. From shows I've seen on TV, I think it is a Royal Caribbean thing.

Each line seems to have its own little thing. On HAL it was card tricks by our assistant waiter. On our last cruise on the Grand Princess, the bedspreads were turned down differently each night (subtle, but different and interesting).

We don't remember having them on Princess, but I'm sure I've heard that sometimes people have had them. I bet if you mention it to your room steward I bet he could arrange it. I think maybe they do it when there are children in the cabin. We think it's a fun thing too!! I know some people don't care and some actually don't like it from what I've read on these boards. To each his own!!

I am disappointed, I swear I had seen a thread on princess cruises where they were showing pics or talking about the towel animals.

Must have been another thread...... in all of our Princess cruises we have never had one ;) ..... nor missed it. :rolleyes:

Hello, this is my first message, joined after we came back from the Sapphire, Sydney to LA last month, a fabulous cruise. We are Elite members and this was the first time that we had enjoyed towel animals, such fun, we had a mini suite, don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Looking forward to being part of Cruise Critic in the future, For some reason knew nothing about it until talking with some passengers on the cruise. Will certainly be part of the action on our next cruise, not booked as yet.

Best wishes

Princess doesn't do them. If you're lucky, you'll have a cabin steward who knows how to do them. However, Princess doesn't train the staff to do them so consider yourself lucky if you get one.

I got some at breakfast this past May. We always got seated at the same area. One of the assistant waiters knew how to do them so he'd do a couple for each table in the area he served. First time out of a few Princess cruises that I've ever gotten a towel animal, and it was in the dining room. :)

Hello, this is my first message, joined after we came back from the Sapphire, Sydney to LA last month, a fabulous cruise. We are Elite members and this was the first time that we had enjoyed towel animals, such fun, we had a mini suite, don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Looking forward to being part of Cruise Critic in the future, For some reason knew nothing about it until talking with some passengers on the cruise. Will certainly be part of the action on our next cruise, not booked as yet.

Best wishes

Welcome back from a fabulous cruise, and welcome aboard Cruise Critic! It is a fun way to spend time between cruises.

We had towel animals on our Royal Caribbean and Carnival cruises, but not on our Princess or Celebrity cruises! But, that all those cruises were fabulous!

Hey guys: We had towel animals on our last two princess cruises. The Island Princess to Hawaii and the Regal to Panama Canal. I've got photos (some where) to prove it....and we were on a mini on Island and a window room on Regal.

Shar

Welcome back from a fabulous cruise, and welcome aboard Cruise Critic! It is a fun way to spend time between cruises.

We had towel animals on our Royal Caribbean and Carnival cruises, but not on our Princess or Celebrity cruises! But, that all those cruises were fabulous!

We aooreciate your welcome and would like to wish you a very happy birthday.

Have a great day

In general, there are no towel animals on Princess, for which I'm happy. My experience with towel animals on RCI was pretty bad where they went into a drawer and pulled out a couple of my things to dress up the towel animal (probably because I don't leave sunglasses and stuff lying around.) Sorry, I just don't think that a steward should or needs to go through a drawer for ANY reason so as a result, I am very anti-towel animals. Taking my personal things isn't "cute."

If you ask your steward and they know how to make them, I'm sure they would be happy to. It's fun to see what's waiting for you in your cabin each evening. The stingrays are especially cute, have had the monkey, elephant, turtle, and the two swans kissing. I think Princess stewards don't have time to make them because they have more cabins to clean per employee.

We just got off the Caribbean Princess and NO Towel Animals. We have had them on both Carnival and Royal Caribbean. We look forward to them and have pictures on many. The best one was at full size towel man wearing my hat, holding the daily new letter, my shoes and sun glasses. My wife walked into the room and relized it was not me and left. The cadin attendant was standing down the hall laughing. She thought she had the wrong room.

The Capt

We were on the May 21 Crown Princess sailing out of New York and there were no towel animals. Our cabin steward(ess) did a superb job of keeping the room and bath in immaculate condition. I asked her how many cabins she cleaned and she replied 18 -- alone. IMHO, to demand that she also make towel animals would be the straw that breaks the camels back!

George+

In general, there are no towel animals on Princess, for which I'm happy. My experience with towel animals on RCI was pretty bad where they went into a drawer and pulled out a couple of my things to dress up the towel animal (probably because I don't leave sunglasses and stuff lying around.) Sorry, I just don't think that a steward should or needs to go through a drawer for ANY reason so as a result, I am very anti-towel animals. Taking my personal things isn't "cute."

In our experience, our Princes stewards only used towels, not personal items.

They also didn't do them every day. We only got two on the 19 day Panama cruise.

On our 4 Princess cruises we experience towel animals once - last year on the Star. We have only been in mini-suites so I don't know if that was a factor or not, but from what I gather we just had a cabin steward that must have moved over from one of the cruise lines that did towel animals.

While we enjoyed coming back to our cabin each night to see what new creation would greet us, what was even more fun was the steward left a note on the first one, written on a bar napkin, and we swapped notes back and forth everyday. We NEVER saw the steward, he was one of those you just know hide under the bed. On the last day I wanted to leave him an extra tip so I set out to find him - not having any idea who or what I was looking for. But I had the bar napkins with the notes in my hand, and as soon as he saw them (he was standing with several others) he started laughing and came to say hello :-)

The towel animals were large and well done, and I'm sure the swan that was in our cabin on Monday, was in the cabin next door on Tuesday and so on.

So it was fun, and I don't expect to see them again on Princess, but you never know :-)

Archived