WHAT did happen in Dry Dock to the DAWN???

sneakerstud

I'm considering cruising on the Dawn in the Owner's Suite (January), but I'm not sure after being so spoiled from the Jewel and Pearl. I have not been on the Dawn since many years (5) and have no idea, how she looks now.

What kind of interior renovations have they done in Dry Dock?

Was there any kind of renovation/update in the Owner's Suites?

King Marcus

I just got off of the Dawn 6/16. and stayed in Owner's Suite 10006. I was in 10506 in November. As far as I can tell, there were no changes in the owner's suite since dry dock. However, they are in the process of replacing the carpeting. I received a note that they wanted to replace my carpet while at the private Island. Since I do not get off the ship at the private Island, I told them that it would be inconvenient and they never installed the new carpet. I assume they will do so in the near future.

Just got off Dawn. They replaced carpeting, floors by the swimming pools, and a few other odds and ends. Charles told us that they almost cancelled the cruise because up until the last minute they were still getting stuff ready. We were so lucky! :)

Majesty!

10506 had new carpet in April, it was a hideous electric blue that didn't coordinate with the colors of the room :eek:

10006 's sorely needed replacement, too, hopefully it has been done, as Royalco says, and in a tasteful matching color.;)

The "amenities" on Dawn are not what you are used to, but you'll like it for a short cruise if the staffing is good. A bonus is that the AA's have real doors, not curtains between the bedroom and living room.

Give a call if you want more info...

XOXOXO

I just got off of the Dawn 6/16. and stayed in Owner's Suite 10006. I was in 10506 in November. As far as I can tell, there were no changes in the owner's suite since dry dock. However, they are in the process of replacing the carpeting. I received a note that they wanted to replace my carpet while at the private Island. Since I do not get off the ship at the private Island, I told them that it would be inconvenient and they never installed the new carpet. I assume they will do so in the near future.

What did you do wrong ;) When they did the carpet in 10506 in January they upgraded those folks to the Garden Villa:eek:

Just got off Dawn. They replaced carpeting, floors by the swimming pools, and a few other odds and ends. Charles told us that they almost cancelled the cruise because up until the last minute they were still getting stuff ready. We were so lucky! :)

Who is Charles:confused:

Not sure he got his information right.

The Dawn was ready...2 days before your cruise;)

Who is Charles:confused:

Not sure he got his information right.

The Dawn was ready...2 days before your cruise;)

Ready 2 days before :confused: Who knows. The Dawn left Boston on Thu. but I imagine there was still a lot of work happening while she sailed to NYC. The could have still been working while the passengers were waiting to board.

If they were done 2 days early they would have recarpeted 10006 before the cruise. ;)

That looks SCARY!!!! :eek: It doesn't fit with the furniture, they should uppolstered the furniture as well in a color which would fit!

Scary is a good discription. The old green carpet went with the funiture but was ugly :eek:

2460725940059187889S600x600Q85.jpg

I don't believe so. The dining table in 10506 is in an alcove not out where it appears in this picture. That could be one of the deck 9 AAs

It is on the 9th deck (9506), from 2003. I thought they might all have had the same carpets back then. This one was replaced after the big wave hit the Dawn with the same green one that was in your pic. I don't know who picks the carpets, but they need a new eye... :D

YES it is deck 9, deck 10 rooms are slightly bigger! I will take sun galsses with me and wear them! I love color...but just put that carpet in, because we have it on board should be a no go, especially for the premier suites! They should get every 2 years a TOTAL revamp of furniture and everything to be the new and clean and similar to the premier suites in the rest of the fleet!

YES it is deck 9, deck 10 rooms are slightly bigger! I will take sun galsses with me and wear them! I love color...but just put that carpet in, because we have it on board should be a no go, especially for the premier suites! They should get every 2 years a TOTAL revamp of furniture and everything to be the new and clean and similar to the premier suites in the rest of the fleet!

That's the ticket - they should add those great espresso machines as well. While they are at it wireless phones for all the penthouses.

Archived