Bus and Ferry passes

Bell Ringer

When we purchase the passes at the Purser's desk, on the Empress, can we charge them to our Seapass or do we have to pay cash, since the money goes to the Bermuda Transportation people? :confused:

You can charge it to your Seapass account, and at any time during the cruise. The purchase shows up as "Explorations/Seatrek", which is confusing as you note, you must purchase the pass at the purser's desk, not the excursions desk.

Theron

That is clear to me, and I hope now I can explain it to our friends that are traveling with us. We are now counting the hours. :) 163 hours till we meet to head to Norfolk! About 166 hours till we get to the ship! 171 hours till sail away. :D

You can charge it to your Seapass account, and at any time during the cruise. The purchase shows up as "Explorations/Seatrek", which is confusing as you note, you must purchase the pass at the purser's desk, not the excursions desk.

Theron

Earlier this month on the Empress we purchased the Seapasses at the excursions desk.

Earlier this month on the Empress we purchased the Seapasses at the excursions desk.

Oh good, that makes more sense! When I got mine at the purser's desk they had a log they had to fill in with the serial number and such. I just sort of figured they handled it like a financial transaction rather than a ticket kind of transaction.

Theron

We purchased them at Guest Relations, which I suppose is the purser's desk, but it says Guest Relations. Do buy them on the ship. They will be activated the first time that you use them. Be sure to get schedules at the ferry dock in Hamilton so that you can check which bus/ferry to take. The orange ferry line goes to King's Wharf and the #7 bus goes to the south shore beaches. The #8 bus takes Middle Road. When you are in Hamilton it is a good time to take the ferry to King's Wharf and then ride the #7 bus back to Hamilton, stopping at beaches along the way. You can easily get to the caves and zoo on the bus while you are in St. George.

Also, buy them early during your cruise on the Empress. Since they aren't activated until you get on the actual bus for the first time there's no reason to wait. On our recent cruise the ship ran out of 3 day bus passes. Not a disaster, but a little more inconvenient.

Cheryl

Archived