Hey Liberty cruisers 6/16-is Becky the CD??

Well I heard this was THE week Becky was suppose to take over the LOS..can somebody currently on board or from last week's cruise confirm this?? Thanks-we sail Nov.10,and we had Becky on the Mariner-she was terrific....

Big Al

If so, why is "Big Al" asking the question.:confused:

LOL!! Good catch, negc! (Now I know I am spending waaay too much time on these boards when I stop paying attention to poster's IDs!! ) :D

Hopefully someone currently or recently on LOS will come along with the answer.

No Becky - Just returned from 6/9 and Ken Rush announced that James Andrews will be taking over for him this coming week. Ken will remain on the ship behind the scenes, but it WILL be James Andrews unless Ken lied to all of us for some reason. :p

We just got off the Mariner where we were doing a Back -2-Back. During the cruise we had a few conversations with Becky, and she told me personally that she will be going to the Freedom of the Seas on July 14th.

CONFIRMED

Hope This Helps.

I for one am happy its not Becky. She ranks far below cruise directors I have had in the past. I never had Ken Rush but everyone says he is great, sorry he wont be on my upcoming cruise but I welcome James Andrews.

We just got off the Mariner where we were doing a Back -2-Back. During the cruise we had a few conversations with Becky, and she told me personally that she will be going to the Freedom of the Seas on July 14th.

CONFIRMED

Hope This Helps.

Any word on who'll be replacing Becky on Mariner?

I for one am happy its not Becky. She ranks far below cruise directors I have had in the past. I never had Ken Rush but everyone says he is great, sorry he wont be on my upcoming cruise but I welcome James Andrews.

Rolloman - As a retired Navy Captain (and I see you also served), I have to mention one thing that caught my eye. Your "Avatar" (if that is the correct term") of the carrier is backwards / reversed. The island is on the starboard (right) side of the ship and not the left as seen in your picture. Sorry, but having spent two years on Dwight D Eisenhower (CVN-69), I had to say something. Happy Cruising in the future.

Rolloman - As a retired Navy Captain (and I see you also served), I have to mention one thing that caught my eye. Your "Avatar" (if that is the correct term") of the carrier is backwards / reversed. The island is on the starboard (right) side of the ship and not the left as seen in your picture. Sorry, but having spent two years on Dwight D Eisenhower (CVN-69), I had to say something. Happy Cruising in the future.

Thank you sir. Much respect. All squared away now. She is Haze Gray and Underway. Sixth FLeet power for peace.

who is taking becky's place on the mariner? shes leaving the 14th and im on the 22nd :( after reading all of these threads i didnt get my hopes up but i was hoping to enjoy her cd-ing as well!

My fingers are crossed that it might be Graham Seymour. My friends had him on Navigator for his last sailing before he "retired" to get married, but he has since come out of "retirement" to fill in for Becky when she is on vacation. Maybe he'll be coming back for good now! I heard only excellent things about him.

This is just speculation and my high hopes, now. I don't want to be starting any rumors! lol

It is James Andrews that will be on the LOS now. He is amazing! I had him on the Freedom last year and the only reason that I booked this cruise is because I knew that James was coming back to the LOS. You will be very impressed with him. He keeps everyone very entertained!

Melissa

Melissa & all-Thanks for the info...looks like plans have changed-only a month ago,Becky was suppose to go to the LOS..now she's headed for the FOS....oh well,if you guys say James Andrews is good,then I'll look forward to it.....

Big Al

P.S.-Hi Donna!!!

I had James Andrews on Freedom of the Seas last year. Looks like I'm going to have him again on Liberty of the Seas. But, he really is a good cruise director. James Andrews was on that special "Great Cruises with Samantha Brown" on the Travel Channel. He was at the very end, last 5 minutes or so. That cruise Samantha took was 2 weeks after my Freedom cruise. :)

It is James Andrews that will be on the LOS now. He is amazing! I had him on the Freedom last year and the only reason that I booked this cruise is because I knew that James was coming back to the LOS. You will be very impressed with him. He keeps everyone very entertained!

Melissa

Happy to hear that Melissa - we were disappointed that Ken was leaving. We were hoping that he would still be there on the 30th.:(

We were fortunate enough to have him twice and really enjoyed him.

We were on the Jewel last year with Karen - and there was no comparison.

Thanks for the update.

We also had James Andrews on FOS last July, and I have to say, we are disappointed to hear that he will be the CD on our up-coming LOS cruise. There was a lot of grumbling by passengers on our cruise about him. He was very repetetive and just overall seemed to be very impressed with himself. It got old real fast.

We also had James Andrews on FOS last July, and I have to say, we are disappointed to hear that he will be the CD on our up-coming LOS cruise. There was a lot of grumbling by passengers on our cruise about him. He was very repetetive and just overall seemed to be very impressed with himself. It got old real fast.

I disagree. I actually think the opposite. I never heard anyone saying that they didn't like him. I think he's very happy and up beat. Always has a smile on his face even when he doesn't feel like it. :)

Nothing against you, I just may have had a different experience. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Everyone has a different opinion.

Archived