Caribbean Princess July 1 2008 - Anyone interested in trying to get CC group formed?

SanFranBayCruiser

Are you interested in an offical CC group cruise on caribbean princess for 07/01/08?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in an offical CC group cruise on caribbean princess for 07/01/08?

• Yes - count us in
    • Maybe
    • No - the dates don't work for us

I was just over at Roll Call and so far there are only a few of us for this sailing so I thought I'd try to stir up some interest and float out the idea of a possible Official Cruise Critic sailing for July 1 2008 on Caribbean Princess. Here is the itinerary:

July 1 New York City, New York 5:00 PM

July 2 At Sea

July 3 At Sea

July 4 San Juan, Puerto Rico 1:00 PM 8:00 PM

July 5 St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

July 6 St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

July 7 Grand Turk 1:00 PM 6:00 PM

July 8 At Sea

July 9 At Sea

July 10 New York City, New York 7:15 AM

If you need to see a 2008 Calendar Click Here

Just to let everyone know this cruise departs on a Tuesday, and, the 4th of July is a Friday in 2009. The cruise returns on a Thursday.

If we can get at least 8 cabins committed then I can approach Laura, the Cruise Critic manager to allow us to form an official group. If you're interested please vote and/or post here.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the perks that the group would have to offer. I probably would cancel my sailing on Explorer of the Seas if you can come up with something enticing like lower deposits and onboard credit.

I'll subscribe to this thread and let you know if our maybe becomes a yes.

Ok I'm new so this might sound stupid, but, can anyone book? Is this like a club? How does something like this work?

If it's open to all, then, yes, we have interest, we always go on a vacation 4th of July and, we are really starting to think about taking a cruise now that the kids are old enough.

Tell me all the details, I'm a real newbie.

I was just over at Roll Call and so far there are only a few of us for this sailing so I thought I'd try to stir up some interest and float out the idea of a possible Official Cruise Critic sailing for July 1 2008 on Caribbean Princess. Here is the itinerary:

July 1 New York City, New York 5:00 PM

July 2 At Sea

July 3 At Sea

July 4 San Juan, Puerto Rico 1:00 PM 8:00 PM

July 5 St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

July 6 St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

July 7 Grand Turk 1:00 PM 6:00 PM

July 8 At Sea

July 9 At Sea

July 10 New York City, New York 7:15 AM

If you need to see a 2008 Calendar Click Here

Just to let everyone know this cruise departs on a Tuesday, and, the 4th of July is a Friday in 2009. The cruise returns on a Thursday.

If we can get at least 8 cabins committed then I can approach Laura, the Cruise Critic manager to allow us to form an official group. If you're interested please vote and/or post here.

SanFran (Christina) - It's Eddie, had to change my username, couldn't remember my password and couldn't remember which email I signed up on here LOL :p

We're interested but I can't commit until August, that's when I'll know my vacation schedule for 2008, but, I tenatively voted yes.

Eddie

We're interested - along with 20 to 26 other family members. I just came on to find out about Caribbean Princess because we decided over the weekend it would be a great way to celebrate some special events in our family in late June and early July such as graduations and a silver anniversary. And, we decided we wanted to try Caribbean Princess and the July 1 - July 10th sailing is one of the few time blocks where everyone could get away.

So, yes, count us in but, we'd like to book sooner, rather than later. We thought we'd be booking this week.

What we might do is book directly with Princess and then if the group forms, we'll transfer the reservations to the assigned travel agent.

Hope that's ok

SanFranBayCruiser - I posted an advertisement in our lunch room (I work in a building with about 20,000 people) and how to sign up for cruise critic and the specific link for this thread, that might bring some newbies who are interested your way for this sailing...especially since I work in Manhattan and everyone I work with wants 4th of July week as vacation. Hope it helps!

SanFranBayCruiser - I posted an advertisement in our lunch room (I work in a building with about 20,000 people) and how to sign up for cruise critic and the specific link for this thread, that might bring some newbies who are interested your way for this sailing...especially since I work in Manhattan and everyone I work with wants 4th of July week as vacation. Hope it helps!

Thanks Hopeful Henry that would be fantastic!

I'm a long time lurker but, had to register when I saw your CC group forming here. I'm a teacher in NJ and, we have a bit of a "club" in my school for cruises and, we get together over holiday breaks and summer for cruises.

This is absolutely perfect! We're discussing our 2008 cruises right now on our own little network and, I think you'll get your 8 cabins with us alone. Many members of my network are already Cruise Critic members so, no problems there.

You can count me in with 4 cabins!!

I am also a co-worker of Henry's and was invited to join this forum and this sailing. I'm Joan from NYC. Sailing with me would be my Mom and Dad, my brother and his wife, and maybe another co-worker or two. I already have approval for June 30th to July 11th off next year, so, this cruise would work perfectly!

Ok SanFran - I think you can go ahead and ask for permission, wait until what you hear what happened last night at my Moose Lodge meeting - in a nutshell, they were ready to book then and there! We are a large lodge in the greater DC area, if Princess won't assist with a bus program to NYC, no problem, we can organize our own :D

Just as of last night, I had 30 members give "yes" answers, uncountable maybe/we will see votes (pending work schedules), and very few out right nos. If you get the go ahead, it will be posted in our monthly newsletter as only about 20% of the members actually attend the meetings.

I think you have your 8 cabins.

One special request - if you can ask that we get a special reduced deposit, I think we'll get even more folks onboard. Pun intended.

Also, we WILL need price quotes for triples and quads.

Thanks!

Archived