Labadee, Haiti

Circusboy354

Millennium is stopping there on the Transatlantic back to FLL. Has anyone any advice on what to do? I'm not a stay on the beach all day type of person.

I am exactly like you - not a lay on the beach person. I booked the walking tour which lasts about an hour. It was pretty interesting. Then I walked around taking lots of pictures. On the other side of the island they were doing native dances. There's parasailing, wave runners, kayaks. Mostly I just enjoyed exploring the area. The walking tour introduced me to some areas I had never seen before. You can always do the zip line - it wasn't open yet when we were there a couple months ago but I've seen pictures from the top and the view is incredible. Don't miss Dragon's Breath. There are pictures from Labadee in the link in my signature. It really is a beautiful area.

I'm not a beach and water sports person either, but I absolutely love Labadee. It is fun to take a good book, find a deck chair in a scenic and shady spot and just relax and enjoy life.

There is one thing Hubby and I signed up for this last stop at Labadee. It is a speed boat Thrill Ride that goes along the coast at high speeds. As very rotten luck would have it, I was quarantined in my room during the Labadee stop and had to miss the ride and Hubby wouldn't go without me. But next time we are doing the Thrill Ride. I think it lasts about forty minutes.

There is also a large Haitian crafts and souveniers area "for your shopping pleasure."

Hubby wants to try the Zipline, but I'm not cut out for that kind of thing. He can if he wants. I'll wait at the end and take pictures.

You can always go over and look around for awhile or go over just for the beach bar-b-que lunch and then return to the ship if you discover Labadee isn't your thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I see on the Labadee map that there are trams. Are they provided by Royal Caribbean? For Free?

Does Royal Caribbean set up multiple barbecue spots so that no matter which beach you choose you're near food?

Any recommendations if you're doing the zipline first and then want to find a beach to relax?

There are lots of things to do in Labadee. My favorite is simply to lay on the beach or under the palm trees. My husband likes to shop at the market for artwork. We have a wall on our deck full of metal artwork from Labadee. IT's usually very hot on Labadee so I wouldn't recommend signing up for the "walking tour". You can do that on your own.

Here are some photos of the market in Labadee, the island and the beach.

http://familytravelfun.com/labadeepicture.html

http://familytravelfun.com/labadeephoto.html

Thanks to those that posted pictures of Labadee. We are going on Mariner in December and the first stop is Labadee. Last year we went to Eastern Caribbean so Labadee of course was not on that stop. We've been there before and really liked the island. We just lounged by the water and people watched. This time we are going to do the zip line and my question is about leaving our "stuff" on the beach. Do they have lockers or do you just take your chance. Thanks to anyone that replys.

I see on the Labadee map that there are trams. Are they provided by Royal Caribbean? For Free?

Does Royal Caribbean set up multiple barbecue spots so that no matter which beach you choose you're near food?

Any recommendations if you're doing the zipline first and then want to find a beach to relax?

The trams on Labadee are free. They kind of travel the central part of the area. You will still have to walk to the seaside.

That's a good question about the bar-b-que locations. I know of only one central location, but I honestly don't know for sure if there were others. Labadee is a big area. It would make sense to have at least two areas, but I really don't know if, in fact, there is more than one.

Thanks for your reply Heavy Surf!

When were you there? Did you do the zipline?

Which beach area did you stay at?

Nanatochase: I have the same question about where to keep our stuff while we zipline. I'm wondering if it's best to set up at the beach first and then zipline or take our chances finding a spot after ziplining.

That's a good question about the bar-b-que locations. I know of only one central location, but I honestly don't know for sure if there were others.

There are two areas for lunch. In addition to the area near the tender landing and market, there is another location out near Dragon's Breath Point. That's where we had lunch last month. It was a short walk from Barefoot Beach.

• 4 weeks later...

There are open shelf bins to store items you don't want to take on the zipline. We had the first excursion of the day at 8 AM, and left our backpack with things for the beach in it........no problem.......but, not really a secure place. It is located inside the area where you get your "suit" for the zipline. My husband strapped the camera to his wrist and we hooked our sandals onto the straps of the harness.

Archived