Port canaveral questions

Hi,

I would like to know what time they open the parking at the port for parking for the Glory??

We want to arrive as soon as we can park there to check in but dont want to have to sit and wait for the gate to open.

Plus how much is it to park there ??

DCL is $12 per day, is the Glory the same?

thnaks for your help,

mom x4,grandma x4

I sailed put of this port last year and will be sailing out again in Sept. Last year we arrived at 10:00am and had no problems! Dropped our luggage off with the porter and then right to a good (close) parking space!! Yes $12/day!!

Hope you have a great cruise!

We also got there around 10:00am and were glad we did. We had to wait a bit on our other family members to get there and I watched the line of cars back up. No problems at 10:00am.

and as other said - $12 per day.

Do they have short term parking? My Dad will be dropping us off and wondered if he will have to just drop us and the bags off (like the shuttles and cabs do) or if we'll be able to park and him walk us to the embarkation area. Has anyone had family or friends drop them off? How does this work?

I don't believe anyone other than the travelers are allowed in the terminal. When we drove up, we drove around to where we dropped the luggage off. We unloaded and my parents and my daughter got out and I drove to the parking garage. I parked and met them outside the terminal. When we went through the door, we had to show our tickets. and pass security at that point.

I believe you will have to be dropped off and say goodbye at that point.

We will be dropped off by our rental car company. What time should we be dropped off? I have heard to arrive around 11 or 12, but if we can get there earlier that would be better. But, we do not want to stand around the terminal until 12 or 1 to get on the boat.

We have sailed the Glory 4 times. On two occasions they would not allow anyone past the gate to drop off luggage until 11 AM. The worst was last month... the ship was delayed in getting all the previous people off... big traffic jam. We sat in a LONG line for at least 45 minutes, and did not drop off our luggage until 11:30 to 11:45... This whole time they were allowing MANY shuttles and busses full of people/luggage around all the cars. So all those people we going "right to the front" of the line...

If they have the previous people off this ship ON TIME, then arriving prior to 11 should not pose any major problems.

Let me know how it works out for you!

Tom

When we sailed on the Glory, we had friends drop us off. We followed the instructions we got saying don't arrive until 1:30. Bad idea!! The traffic was awful. It took us a good 45 minutes to get to where we could drop off our luggage. We also stood in line for about an hour before we could get on board. Definitely arrive earlier than they tell you to. Once we started doing that, the embarkation process was much more enjoyable.

Archived