Someone please reassure me I picked the right cabin BB aft Caribbean Princess Sept 25

Rachelleh

Hello everyone,

Ok this is our third cruise, made the mistake(kidding) of getting a balcony on our last cruise w/ Celebrity, now have to have it!!!

We were ready to book a carib. deck mini suite, then TA called and she had just noticed a BB aft cabin on Baja deck with 108sq foot deck opened up. From all the posts on these boards I had told her that is what we would really like.

Now reading all the posts I am very concerned we booked the wrong cabin, posters are saying BB bathrooms especially showers are tiny, no problem for me as I am 5'2, husband however is 6'2". Worried now about no sitting room, and room storage and size.

This is our first cruise with Princess and we think it will be perfect for us, I appreciate any feedback. Cruise is fully booked, but if everyone thinks I made a bad choice (wanted the room for the location and huge deck, love to sit out there at all times of the day - deck has two lounge chairs, a table with 4 chairs + extra room and we heard the wake was lighted) please let me know and I'll have my TA watch for a mini to open up, also concerned because price was only about $100.00 pp diff.

Either way I know it will be great

Thanks to all for the help!!!

I haven't been on this ship, but looking at this site, your room looks rather small

go to the princess.com site and do the room finder: baja and your room number (guessing it was 751) it will show you a closer view of your room. No sofa just one seat.

The mini suite has a sitting area.

Sorry I couldn't tell you for sure, I am sure someone else will be able to ease your mind. Perhaps you can put an option on the other suite

I've been in a BB but on the Carbe(SP?) deck(last cabin on port side). The deck you have has a smaller bal. (unless you are at the very back of the ship)

I thought the room was fine. It's not very big, but big enough for the 2 of us. There is only a chair, no sofa, but since we spent most of our time out on the bal. it was really no problem. The showers are small, but workable.

If it is an aft(back of ship) go for it as the bal. is wonderful.

We had a aft BB cabin on the Car. Princess and it was wonderful. Having the large aft balcony was so great that I don't think that we will book any other location but this in the future. You definitely made a good decision. The Princess rooms have a lot of storage and are well arranged to utilize space well. They did not seem as big as we have had on other cruise lines, but it was very comfortable. One thing I loved was how quiet it was on the aft balcony rooms. The showers are tight, if you drop your soap, you have to almost get out of the shower to pick it up, but you learn to work around it.

Hope you have a great cruise. It is a wonderful ship and you are booked at a perfect location.

Swiss

I was just on the Caribbean Princess Aug 14 in C710. The inside of the cabin and bathroom is the same as the aft cabins. My boyfriend is 6'2" and is not thin and he was alright with the shower (though the running joke is that almost everyone just needs to soap up the walls and jump in). I have heard that the spa has large showers in case he wants a really big space to get cleaned up.

Seriously considering booking either of the above for 2006 sailing.

Anyone have any opinions on either? Curious what is between them, as there are only 4 aft cabins on that deck (Dolphin).

I need the cabin for 3, and these are available.. Comments!??

Currently have 6264 booked on Carnival Miracle for our 2005 sailing!

Really want to try Princess.. :)

Archived