Westerdam

Suitegurl

I am not new to cruising but new to this board and after reading for a couple of days decided to join! There appears to be alot of friendly folks with great information so I hope someone can help. We cruised in suites on several HAL ships in the past, but never on a Vista class. We are now planning a trip on the Westerdam and after looking at the deck plans on the HAL site, it appears some of the aft suites have side windows. Does anyone know if this is something that was added after the dry dock? Having never sailed in an aft cabin, I am not sure how I would feel about not being able to look out of the cabin either to the port or starboard side...but only aft. Also, it appears there are no partitions between the aft cabins on the deck plans. Any information you can provide on these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:)

There definitely are partitions between the verandas on the wake. We were in the present 5190 last September on Westerdam. The window is on the wake next to the veranda door. I have no knowledge of windows being added to the port and starboard aft cabins. The huge bed and night tables are on that wall.

See apge 4 of this link.

http://community.webshots.com/album/554456434vmsmzT

GN

We sailed on Zuiderdam in an AFT cabin this spring thru the panama we were not in a suite but a VA and we loved our aft cabin. How we viewed the whole thing was .... we got a 180 view of everything (not just one side) ... we just got it last.

If there was something we really need to see from the bow we either went up (which only occurred once in 20 days) or we turned on the TV to the bow camera and came into the room occassionally to check it.

:):D

And as stated there are divisions between all balconies.

Hope this helps

Barb

I think it is unlikely that the Westerdam refit put in windows on the sides of the aft cabins (such as the new 5190 and 5191). When we were on the Noordam, the cabin was exactly like the old cabin 5187 on the Westerdam except the balcony was a little different - more overhang and a smaller veranda - than the Westerdam before the refit.

I understand the refit was to make the Westerdam more like the Noordam - and the Noordam does not have a window on the side of the cabin - just on the aft side.

Roberta

Thanks for the information each of you has provided. I found it unlikely too that windows had been added, but the deck plans show them and the HAL rep seems to think they are there. I will check with ship services tomorrow and if I should find they are really there, I will post again to let all know! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!:)

Archived