Does Holland America Have Credit Card You Can Build Point's With...???

Suesan Jean

I was just wondering if Holland America has a Credit Card like Norwegian

Cruise Lines (Master Card) and Royal Caribbean (Visa) do, that you can

accrue points to put towards your cruise's on Holland America.:rolleyes:

THANK YOU for ANY information.:) :)

No, they don't ... and I don't understand why. There is good money in affinity credit cards and I find it surprising that HAL hasn't taken advantage of it. I would certainly cancel a current card and use a HAL card if they had one.

Jim is correct.

What you can do is acquire a Marriott card. The points are transferable to a HAL Caribbean, Alaskan or European cruise for two in an outside cabin. From there you can pay to upgrade yourself to a balcony cabin.

Amex has something similar and is expanding the brands where their points can be used.

That's too bad.......

I LOVE my NCL Card......!!!:)

It is WONDERFULL....!!!icon14.gif

Your points go towards your cruise, you can have ANY type of cabin, from an inside to a Penthouse.

We charge EVERYTHING....!!!! In the past three year's we have accrued and used $3,500 worth of point's....!!!icon14.gif

It is FANTASTIC when at "Final Payment", your dollar amount is reduced when you add your voucher in. My last cruise on NCL was $1,500 LESS....!!!! THAT IS A GOOD THING...!!!!:D

I looked at the Marriott Card online, but I don't understand how it works with HAL. Would someone explain it?

It's a VISA or Mastercard. You get a point for every dollar you charge on the card. If those charges are at a Mariott Hotel or Resort, there are often bonus points.

190K points= 7 day cruise for 2 in the Caribbean

210K points= 7 day cruise for 2 in the Caribbean/Mexico ( VISTA Class)

285K points= 10 day cruise for 2 in the Caribbean

315 points= 7 day cruise for 2 in Alaska

465 points= 10 day cruise for 2 in No. Euro or the Med.

The best use of points tends to be at hotels, in Europe, for pre/post cruise nights where a room can sometimes run $500, at current exchange rates.

That's too bad.......

I LOVE my NCL Card......!!!:)

It is WONDERFULL....!!!icon14.gif

Your points go towards your cruise, you can have ANY type of cabin, from an inside to a Penthouse.

We charge EVERYTHING....!!!! In the past three year's we have accrued and used $3,500 worth of point's....!!!icon14.gif

It is FANTASTIC when at "Final Payment", your dollar amount is reduced when you add your voucher in. My last cruise on NCL was $1,500 LESS....!!!! THAT IS A GOOD THING...!!!!:D

This is wonderful.

Chase has a Travel card, but not a card geared specifically for Holland America Lines. I have their Southwest Visa (wonderful), their Amazon Visa, and they have several others. I double-checked and while they have a few Flexible Reward cards that include travel, I've never seen any cards like Bank of America has for Celebrity and Royal Caribbean.

The second I booked our RCL cruise, I applied for and immediately received the RCL Visa card. These cards are wonderful toward building up points that you can get all kinds of stuff with ... the most important being on board credits.

On our last Celebrity cruise I had $450 just from charging the cruise itself and a bunch of other stuff. I'm surprised HAL hasn't jumped on this bandwagon.

To the best of my ability (computer-wize:p ), I cannot find what was right in front of me yesterday. But I know I saw it, I have been all over their website and I'm going to search harder.

Sorry I should have sent directions with my statement - I'll try again.

MaryAnn

Love searching for info and thought the topic interesting.... Only thing I found in relation to Chase was something called SeaMiles. Evidently you can use the points on any cruise line....

No Restrictions! No Blackouts! No Fees!

The NEW SeaMiles Rewards program allows you to redeem your points as freely as you've earned them on

Any Cruise Line...Any Time

Every 5,000 SeaMiles can be redeemed for a $50 discount,
PLUS
you will earn a $50
Bonus
Credit
for every 20,000 SeaMiles redeemed off a cruise booking of your choice.

Or use your SeaMiles to upgrade to an ocean view stateroom. With no maximum restrictions on the number of points you can earn and redeem, you can even earn a FREE cruise!

However their site under partners only list Carnival plus you probably need to use their TA's so don't know if the cruise pricing is any good or not....

Other than what I posted I don't know anything about them or if their program is a good deal or not. So please do your own research before signing up for any card.

Website for SeaMiles is at http://www.seamiles.com/public_1.csp

Hope this info helps -

Infohunter

There are many credit cards that have bonus programs that you can interchange points with various cruise lines, airlines, etc.

But the benefit of the exclusive cards that actually have the name of the cruise line on it, and are directly involved, is the number of points earned buy more on board credits, robes, upgrades, $$$ off, etc.

And when you charge your cruise to that card, you get double points. So right away if you're going on a cruise costing $5,000, you have 10,000 points. That's a $100 shipboard credit.

You can also use the points for merchandise, airline, and other things. But you get the most value for the points as onboard credits.

I so wish HAL had such a card. Maybe it's something they're thinking of in the future, but right now there isn't one.

But do you have to book through their travel agents or can you use the points if you book directly with the cruise line?

As it relates to the Marriott Card, you book directly with HAL, Carnival or Costa Cruises, as appropriate.

Archived