Location of Dock in Venice

We're on the Legend of the Seas Italy/Croatia cruise in July, and we spend almost 2 days in Venice!! Including my son's birthday.

We want to have a nice dinner in a restaurant in Venice, and are looking for suggestions. We have booked an evening (8PM) gondola ride...is this a problem for eating dinner??

Also, where does the ship dock, and how do you get to the touristy areas from there?

Thanks!

I think you dock at Martima and then have to either walk (about a 9/10 of a mile) or take a shuttle to Piazza Roma where you can hop on the vaparetto which is the public transportation /water bus system. But like the previous poster said, check out the Mediterranean boards for more specific information. Venice is my favorite port, and staying docked overnight is amazing!!! You just have to give yourself plenty of time to get from the ship to a desirable location in Venice. I'd say you need at least an hour, but that was walking from the ship to Piazza Roma and then we hopped on the Vaparetto to Piazza San Marco. Once you're at a central place like that (St. Marks Square) you can find everything within walking distance pretty much. It's so much fun to explore Venice!!! :D

Laura

Archived