Postcards from sort of Hell

In-the-Glade

We were in Georgetown Grand Cayman end of May. Four cruise ships in port with a pouring rain. We had difficulty just getting around with all the construction and flooded streets and 12,000 people. My daughter had planned on mailing her postcards from Hell but when we realized that we just couldn't get there, my husband went down to the main post office in Georgetown where my daughter and I had just bought stamps for the cards and asked if there was any way that they could get them to Hell to get them postmarked from there. There was a lady at the P O who said she would take care of it and low and behold---she did just that! My daugher's friends not only received their cards but they were postmarked from Hell. Just when you give up on people they will surprise you!

Makes me want to go back and see it without the hassle. I understand it is very beautiful and we did not do our snokeling which I want to go back and do. Maybe my husband will fly me down for a few days so we can do it right!

Archived