Legend and Tampa ?????

Lulachick

We are thinking about doing the Legend out of Tampa next year but my hubby is leary of anything that has to do with Fla. I don't really want to have to go to Galvaston,Tx if I can help it. New Orleans and Mobile is out since all that is available is the shorter cruises and we want a 7 day cruise and a larger ship.

We are thinking about doing the Legend out of Tampa next year but my hubby is leary of anything that has to do with Fla. I don't really want to have to go to Galvaston,Tx if I can help it. New Orleans and Mobile is out since all that is available is the shorter cruises and we want a 7 day cruise and a larger ship.

What is the issue with Florida? All of the best cruises depart from Florida. I am planning my 2nd cruise which will be leaving Port Canaveral. I have sailed out of Tampa for my 1st and it was pretty easy.

What is the issue with Florida? All of the best cruises depart from Florida. I am planning my 2nd cruise which will be leaving Port Canaveral. I have sailed out of Tampa for my 1st and it was pretty easy.

I must ask the same question. Our last 2 cruises have been out of Florida (Canaveral & Tampa) and our next one is out of Canaveral again. Florida is a great state to visit and probably live also. The embarkation process was much easier at those 2 ports then Mobile or New Orleans. I see you are from North Carolina, maybe you just don't like the Florida Gators, Florida State Seminoles or the Miami Hurricanes. That must be it.

I must ask the same question. Our last 2 cruises have been out of Florida (Canaveral & Tampa) and our next one is out of Canaveral again. Florida is a great state to visit and probably live also. The embarkation process was much easier at those 2 ports then Mobile or New Orleans. I see you are from North Carolina, maybe you just don't like the Florida Gators, Florida State Seminoles or the Miami Hurricanes. That must be it.

I am from NC, and I don't like any of those Florida Schools either. FSU and Miami don't belong in the ACC. But, I will cruise out of Florida any time.

:) I don't have an issue with Fla. When my uncle lived there I spent all my money flying to see him in Jax and my nephew is based in Jax. I like Fla. I think when he was in the USCG he may have seen the business of the ports then but from what I have seen on this board it seems that the embarkation process is pretty easy at the major ports. He was in the USCG 20 yrs ago and I don't think he understands that places can change for the better. Go easy on me here Pleeeeease....

I wouldn't worry about Tampa. We sailed out of there on the Miracle and it was easy and organized. We even went a day early to spend extra time in Tampa and had a lot of fun relaxing before the cruise. The Legend has a great itinerary and I hope you have fun with whatever you choose. :)

Tampa was an easy port for us. They even have valet parking, which for us made life really easy when we got there! Pick up was a piece of cake too. Port Canaveral has a parking garage and the process there is really smooth too. Being the wife of a former Marine, I understand how hard it is to change their perception of things; I thought I would never convince my DH to go on a cruise, he was thinking of all the time he spent on Navy ships and could not comprehend that it would be that much different :D We have cruised together 6 times since then! Good luck!

The title of your thread has no less than five question marks, yet in the body of your post you pose exactly zero questions. You make three statements, but there are no questions to be found. What exactly do you wish us to do with this information? Do you just want us to thank you for sharing?

I am sailing on the Legend from Tampa this coming Sunday and I can't wait. MY DS is a Boston College Alum so we aren't big Florida or NC fans, lol;) Seriously, it is a fast, safe port and I never have worries sailing from any of the ports in florida.

The title of your thread has no less than five question marks, yet in the body of your post you pose exactly zero questions. You make three statements, but there are no questions to be found. What exactly do you wish us to do with this information? Do you just want us to thank you for sharing?

Ouch!!! The Space Shuttle heard that one!

Can I get some info on the above? I have finally convinced my DH after sharing w/ him the info that was shared by you guys that Tampa will be a good port to sail out of. :)

The Tampa Terminal was a breeze for Embarkation and Debarkation. Very efficient. There is an aquarium (Or museum or something like that) right next door to the aquarium. You could visit that before or after your cruise.

One thing I thought was very cool about Tampa, is that about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs after departure, you will pass under a bridge. It looks like the ship's funnel will hit the bridge, but it misses by about 10 or 12 feet I would guess. Stand on the highest level deck at that point. It is an amazing sight.

Lighten up...I think the question is implied. At least I got it.

The Tampa Terminal was a breeze for Embarkation and Debarkation. Very efficient. There is an aquarium (Or museum or something like that) right next door to the aquarium. You could visit that before or after your cruise.

One thing I thought was very cool about Tampa, is that about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs after departure, you will pass under a bridge. It looks like the ship's funnel will hit the bridge, but it misses by about 10 or 12 feet I would guess. Stand on the highest level deck at that point. It is an amazing sight.

YES, I forgot about the bridge. Also at the port is a very nice shopping area called Channelside. Several restaurants, including a cold stone creamery. Very nice port.

It's the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. Its gorgeous, a lovely sight! I'll be leaving from Tampa on the Legend July 29. I love Tampa, but I'm biased, I live just north of there! Great port to sail out of, very fast and easy.

I haven't sailed out of Tampa per se, but I have sailed out of Port Manatee twice, which I think is on the opposite side of the Skyway Bridge from Tampa. The area itself is great though and from what I heard, the main port is very nice and easy to get in and out of. We'll be sailing from Tampa on the Legend in December.

We did the Miracle out of Tampa and as others have mentioned...it was incredibly easy to cruise from. I'd do the legend out of there in a heartbeat (actually booked but then switched to the Miracle out of FLL.....wife wanted the southern)

We went in a day early....here's a cut/paste hotel review I have at my site......... "

I love the Chase suites.....they have a cruise package where they pick you up at the airport....drive you to the port.....and pick you up after the cruise and take you to the airport. For us we had a late flight so they took us back to the Chase to kill 5 hours by letting us change and use the pool.

They are suites with kitchen and living room w/king bed and sofa sleeper(sleeps 4)...the 2 bed has another bath and king loft overlooking the living room(sleeps 6). We paid $129 for the 2bed/2 bath loft. There is a Bahama Breeze next door so you can just walk over for lunch/dinner.

There are other nice places in the harbor area if you need to be surrounded by more activity/restaurants....but for me this was a deal and a nice way to just relax.....it was about 15 minutes from the airport and we boarded our Chase shuttle at 10 am and were on board the Miracle at 11:15........

A GREAT WAY to start a cruise.....

Chitown Cruisers and the Marvelous Miracle Misfits would like to thank and highly recommend

Chase Suites Hotel Tampa 3075 N. Rocky Point Drive Tampa, Fl 33607 (813)281-5677

our chase photos.... http://travel.webshots.com/photo/253...89406063IgCXuB

the rate also included parking if you know anyone driving in."

The bridge.........

2018524250098096222S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived