Coastal Helicopters AND Harv and Marv in Junea???

ciara

On Sunday 26th August we are in Junea from 1pm -10pm - docked. Would it be too much to do both these trips ??? would it be overload? Would we see whales etc from helicopter???

If the weather is bad and the helicopter trip was cancelled will the sea trip also be cancelled???

I JUST WANT TO SEE EVERYTHING!!! AND DO EVERYTHING!!!

We are booked to do flight with Island Wings in Ketchikan.

I am so pleased that I found this board cos I do love to support local communities and this board has given me the courage as a first time cruiser to do this.

This board is fabulous and thankyou all the pros for the much needed and appreciated advice.

On Sunday 26th August we are in Junea from 1pm -10pm - docked. Would it be too much to do both these trips ??? would it be overload? Would we see whales etc from helicopter???

If the weather is bad and the helicopter trip was cancelled will the sea trip also be cancelled???

You should have time to both. Ask the Harv + Marv folks if they'll coordinate your booking with Coastal Helicopter, and take you over there ...

We're doing Capt Larry / Orca Enterprises whale watching in August, and then the Orca folks are dropping us off at Coastal for our flightseeing trip! :)

Harv and Marv (and Eileen) will work with you guys schedule wise... a luxury they have being a smaller outfit. I'd be willing to bet they can make your schedule work and offer up transportation choices that would afford you making both excursions.

Have a ball!

Thankyou all for advice - when I sort this one that will be me nearly sorted - will have chat with other half this eve and get it booked.

oh - would we be better doing Coastal first then whale trip or other way about?

Ciara I had the same question when I booked both my tours. Since we are in Juneau much longer than you ,we have the luxury of going back to our ship to get ready for the 2nd tour. So it was just a matter of what we wanted to do first. Well after much discussion we decided that the Coastal tour would be better to do first then back to the ship to get rid of the heavier clothing needed then have some lunch before our Harv/Marv pick up. I guess it would be personal preference which you choose to do first as I don't really know if there is any advantage to either one morning, noon or later in the day.. Good luck with your decision. It will be wonderful no matter how you do it..

You can email me after Aug 8th if you want and I'll tell you all about our experience..

You should have time for both. We just got back and we did the helicopter/dog sled at Mendanhall first, then a tour with Harv and Marv. We had to be outside for our dogsledding excursion at 11:45 and we were back at the pad by 2:00. Harv and Marv picked us up at Temsco at 2:30 to save time. We were back at are ship by 7:00 and had a WONDERFUL time at both places.

I JUST WANT TO SEE EVERYTHING!!! AND DO EVERYTHING!!!

We are booked to do flight with Island Wings in Ketchikan.

I am so pleased that I found this board cos I do love to support local communities and this board has given me the courage as a first time cruiser to do this.

This board is fabulous and thankyou all the pros for the much needed and appreciated advice.

Hi ciara,

We did a whale watch with Harv and Marv followed by dogsledding with Coastal and it is very doable. As suggested by others here, coordinate a dropoff with the vendors so you won't waste time. I would contact both as soon as possible to set it up.

Eventhough we were over Auke Bay briefly, we did not see whales on our helicopter ride up to Herbert glacier. The scenery was spectacular and viewing a glacier from the air is much more breathtaking than from the ground.

Both Harv and Marv and Coastal are excellent vendors to work with. It was my first time in a helicopter. You will get a very personalized experience. Keep in mind both are very busy this time of year so contact them as soon as possible.

Enjoy your trip!

Archived