shopping ?

para

Hey,

I am looking for cheap t-shirts.We will be docked at Kings Wharf Bermuda next May. I have to buy about 8 shirts. So I was wondering if anyone knew of shops where I can get deals like 3 shirts for 10.00. This is my first time in Bermuda.I have been reading the threads, so I apologize if someone already asked this question. Thanks in advance for you reply. I would hate to waste a day searching shops when I can be on those beautiful Bermuda beaches.

Three shirts for $10?? :eek: Good luck with that quest. Nothing is that cheap in Bermuda!!

Thanks for your reply. What a bummer they don't offer cheap t-shirts.Do you know what shirts go for there or any other cheap souvenirs?Thanks again!

Hey,

I am looking for cheap t-shirts.We will be docked at Kings Wharf Bermuda next May. I have to buy about 8 shirts. So I was wondering if anyone knew of shops where I can get deals like 3 shirts for 10.00. This is my first time in Bermuda.I have been reading the threads, so I apologize if someone already asked this question. Thanks in advance for you reply. I would hate to waste a day searching shops when I can be on those beautiful Bermuda beaches.

Wow, talk about planning ahead.

You're definitely not going to find 3/$10 but we have found that the best prices are at Davisons. They always have a good selection,good quality and the prices are reasonable, all things being relative. They are located in Hamilton, St. George and at the Dockyard. Best places for inexpensive souvenirs are in St. George.

Wow, talk about planning ahead.

You're definitely not going to find 3/$10 but we have found that the best prices are at Davisons. They always have a good selection,good quality and the prices are reasonable, all things being relative. They are located in Hamilton, St. George and at the Dockyard. Best places for inexpensive souvenirs are in St. George.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am a planer. Oh coll I am glad they have a location near the Dockyards because I think we will be going there. Thanks again I will check them out.

We usually buy all our t-shirts at Flying Colors in Hamilton. Very nice selection. Never have seen any deals of 3 for $10 anywhere.

Thanks I will check it out when we visit Hamilton. We were in the Bahamas last month and got our shirts 3 for 10.00, so I thought maybe all Caribbean islands had good deal like that.

Would you mind telling me about how much you spent? Are shirts closer to 15.00 or 20.00? I was also thinking of bring back rum cakes instead of shirts for the girls at work to share.Anyone know the price for those? I tried some in the Bahamas and they are good and about 15.00.

Thanks!!!

Thanks I will check it out when we visit Hamilton. We were in the Bahamas last month and got our shirts 3 for 10.00, so I thought maybe all Caribbean islands had good deal like that.

Would you mind telling me about how much you spent? Are shirts closer to 15.00 or 20.00? I was also thinking of bring back rum cakes instead of shirts for the girls at work to share.Anyone know the price for those? I tried some in the Bahamas and they are good and about 15.00.

Thanks!!!

Bermuda is different. And it is not a Caribbean Island.

Of course neither is the Bahamas........

Thanks!!!

Oh dear...I'm afraid you may be suffering from some serious sticker shock when you get to Bermuda. It is most definitely NOT the Caribbean.

Here's a link to the famous Horton's Rum Cakes they sell in Bermuda. The store is right by the dockyards. You can see the prices there.

http://www.hortonsbermudarumcakes.com/hortonsproduct2.htm

Oh dear...I'm afraid you may be suffering from some serious sticker shock when you get to Bermuda. It is most definitely NOT the Caribbean.

Here's a link to the famous Horton's Rum Cakes they sell in Bermuda. The store is right by the dockyards. You can see the prices there.

I think you are right. Thanks for the link though. Any ideas for cheaper gifts? Thanks

I think you are right. Thanks for the link though. Any ideas for cheaper gifts? Thanks

Sea glass perhaps? Free on the beach, can be made into jewelry, or buy some jewelry there.

And the small rum cakes make nice gifts. The large ones are WAY expensive.

Not sure if it is still there,(I left Bda a few years ago) but a place called

Riihulomas(sp) on Queen St..just up from Front Street,at the Birdcage had

some souvenirs (The kind that you DO find in the Caribbean) but with"Bermuda" stamped on them,and they used to have t-shirts at a price

that was less than the usual cost .

some souvenirs (The kind that you DO find in the Caribbean) but with"Bermuda" stamped on them,and they used to have t-shirts at a price

Thanks ookpik, I will look for that store. I do love a good deal =).

Sea glass perhaps? Free on the beach, can be made into jewelry, or buy some jewelry there.

And the small rum cakes make nice gifts. The large ones are WAY expensive.

Thanks ddoll, You have been very helpful. I didn't think of sea glass. I was also thinking of getting my mom a small rum cake too.

Is Kings Wharf the same location as the dockyards?

Is Kings Wharf the same location as the dockyards?

Yes. Kings Wharf is the name of the pier at that location, the Royal Naval Dockyard. More confusing is that it is also called by some cruise lines, the West End. The same pier. But when you are in Bermuda the Dockyard is what you should think. The buses and ferries that go there will say to "Dockyard". The taxi driver will know what you mean if you say Dockyard.

This was a great store. Two stories full of stuff. The t-shirts were varied and funny, a great selection. I can't remember the price but it seemed reasonable, especially for Bermuda. Check out Davidson's on Front Street, they had a lot of Bermuda themed sport clothing and something was always on sale.:)

Front Street is the main street in Hamilton alongside the waterfront.

From St Georges,you will need to take the 10 or 11 bus,you can get

off the bus right there on Front St. From Dockyard you will take the 7

or 8 bus into Hamilton.Both these are lengthy rides so whether it is good

for you timewise you will have to judge.Of course if you are docked in

Hamilton you are right there.Good Luck and enjoy.

Archived