To All You Seattle-ites

jeangeorges

In May we spent three gorgeous days in your beautiful City and would have liked to spend 3 weeks. There was so much to do and not enough time. The weather was perfect. The Marriot Waterfront was wonderful. Great location. The best seafood.

Ya'll are truely lucky to live in a great city. I don't care if you do get 200 or more days of rain.

I also want a Pike's Market in Arizona.

Thank you for all the great information everyone gave me for places to go, things to and where to find great seafood. Your suggestions were right on.

Thanks again for sharing your city.

One thing I absolutely love is Pike's Place Market in March, with HUGE bouquets of flowers for $5 and $10. When we lived there, mind you, DH swears he never saw the sun from October to March. We grew up in Vancouver, so it's not as if we can't take a little drizzle.

Viv

One thing I absolutely love is Pike's Place Market in March, with HUGE bouquets of flowers for $5 and $10. When we lived there, mind you, DH swears he never saw the sun from October to March. We grew up in Vancouver, so it's not as if we can't take a little drizzle.

Viv

I'm glad you had a good time, but please don't tell everyone how great it was - everyone keeps moving here!!! Remember folks - it's a rainy, drizzly, gray place......except on those days when it's glorious!

I started telling everyone that back in the 80s, but didn't work!

I am positively scared of visiting your city! I just know I'm going to love it! Living in South Florida is not what it is cracked up to be. Its too hot, its too humid, bugs are too big, #1 state for people being run over by cars (and those driving the cars are your neighbors!). Grew up in NJ and loved it here for the first 5 or 6 years. Then the feeling of always being on vacation went away and the process of just living day to day took over. I miss the mountains, cool weather, hilly streets lined with trees, wearing sweaters to football games. I am looking forward to visiting Seattle, just as much as doing our Alaskan cruise. Is it usually cool at the beginning of Sept? I sure hope so - we will be so tired of the heat by then.

The first two or three weeks of September can still be warm - by our standards - from low to mid 70's.

I have to say when we were in Florida in 2003 our then 18 and 14 year old sons were determined to move there. We took the water taxi in Fort Lauderdale which was an eye opener, they are sure that's how everyone lives in Florida! We love it there and hope to go back, at least to visit.

Thanks for the nice words about our city. Actually Seattle has less rain than does New York. but most people do not believe it. We do need to keep up the facade that we all have web feet due to the rain. The population is high enough as it is.

• 2 weeks later...
In May we spent three gorgeous days in your beautiful City and would have liked to spend 3 weeks. There was so much to do and not enough time. The weather was perfect. The Marriot Waterfront was wonderful. Great location. The best seafood.

Ya'll are truely lucky to live in a great city. I don't care if you do get 200 or more days of rain.

I also want a Pike's Market in Arizona.

Thank you for all the great information everyone gave me for places to go, things to and where to find great seafood. Your suggestions were right on.

Thanks again for sharing your city.

Pike's Place Market in March is my favourite. You can get the most beautiful bouquets of spring flowers for $10.

Viv

Jeangeorges:

I'm headed to Seattle in a few weeks and also staying at the Marriott Waterfront. Did you happen to eat at Fish Club and if so, for what meals and were they good?

Thanks in advance :D

I have never eaten at the Fish Club but Anthony's is right across the street. That location has 3 different formats from seafood bar to very nice sit down upstairs.

I am positively scared of visiting your city! I just know I'm going to love it! Living in South Florida is not what it is cracked up to be. Its too hot, its too humid, bugs are too big, #1 state for people being run over by cars (and those driving the cars are your neighbors!). Grew up in NJ and loved it here for the first 5 or 6 years. Then the feeling of always being on vacation went away and the process of just living day to day took over. I miss the mountains, cool weather, hilly streets lined with trees, wearing sweaters to football games. I am looking forward to visiting Seattle, just as much as doing our Alaskan cruise. Is it usually cool at the beginning of Sept? I sure hope so - we will be so tired of the heat by then.

Looking forward to meeting you onboard the Sun. I am sure it will be cooler in September that it has been this week. (97 last Wednesday)

Guest maler

If you're staying at the Marriot Waterfront, stop in at the Edewater's Six/Seven and have a drink and an appetizer. It's a beautiful place with a beautiful view.

I started telling everyone that back in the 80s, but didn't work!
I remember back in the 70's, someone had a 'Lesser Seattle', as opposed to 'Greater Seattle', to do just that - downplay just how wonderful it is. My ancestors arrived when it was still part of the Oregon Territory - the family can't believe I moved away. :eek: I may live elsewhere, but Seattle is still 'home' and we do use our UW Alumni license plate frames. We still find ourselves comparing each place we've lived to Seattle.

However, we do prefer the Alaskan cruises from Vancouver. :o

Archived