Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

Gina....9078 did have the shelves at the end of the vanity at the foot of the bed.....no worries!

CD Kirk posted on FB that he is going on the Azamara Quest until October, he didn't post anything past that dates assignment. He is headed up to Victoria to clean out 4 years worth of stuff and say his goodbyes!!!! :(

Found out that Alan (Bobby) Brown will be our CD on our trip over to OZ and his wife Becky will be the Activities Manager.

I thought we already knew that - Bobby and Becky - but when do they join? I heard it was in Hawaii but figured it could just as easily be in Vancouver. Do you know? Not that I am affected. :) I am just curious.

Gina

Gina....9078 did have the shelves at the end of the vanity at the foot of the bed.....no worries!

CD Kirk posted on FB that he is going on the Azamara Quest until October, he didn't post anything past that dates assignment. He is headed up to Victoria to clean out 4 years worth of stuff and say his goodbyes!!!! :(

Thank you Linda. I feel better about switching to the port side 9078 now. I don't think children overhead is a high risk in Sept 2012.

I'm now worried about this Sept. 2011 and Australia, too. I am believing for my needs, the starboard hump rooms are the worst D1s possible. Had I known, what no one seems aware of around here, I'd have saved a few $$ and booked a D2 which is my preference over D1 anyway. I don't like a sofa that turns into a bed because the cushions tend to fall off and be flimsy.

Gina

I thought we already knew that - Bobby and Becky - but when do they join? I heard it was in Hawaii but figured it could just as easily be in Vancouver. Do you know? Not that I am affected. :) I am just curious.

Gina

I had heard that Bobby and Becky were going to be on board, but wasn't sure because it hadn't been confirmed. Here is what Karen (travelgoddess1) posted on our roll call.........

"Clunis (Hotel Director) told me that Alan and Becky Brown (he goes by Bobby, and is from Scotland, and she is from England) will be onboard for the trip downunder. (When we got home mid-May, I emailed Alan, and he confirmed that they are coming onboard.) He is CD and she is Activities Manager. For those who sailed on Vision and Rhapsody about 10-12 years ago, they were regulars, and have also been on Jewel (and other ships, I'm sure). Since it sounds as though Kirk may NOT be on the Hawaii portion, I think we will see Alan and Becky for that cruise, as well. They are a lovely couple, great sense of humor, and I can't wait to see them again!":)

Thank you Linda. I feel better about switching to the port side 9078 now. I don't think children overhead is a high risk in Sept 2012.

I'm now worried about this Sept. 2011 and Australia, too. I am believing for my needs, the starboard hump rooms are the worst D1s possible. Had I known, what no one seems aware of around here, I'd have saved a few $$ and booked a D2 which is my preference over D1 anyway. I don't like a sofa that turns into a bed because the cushions tend to fall off and be flimsy.

Gina

Gina, you'll be happy with 9078....ITA about the D1 sofa beds, they are too hard and uncomfortable. Besides D2 is a bit cheaper!! ;)

Gina, you'll be happy with 9078....ITA about the D1 sofa beds, they are too hard and uncomfortable. Besides D2 is a bit cheaper!! ;)

I only paid extra for the D1 because of the supposedly great middle of the hump location. Now D2s are priced higher than what I paid. :( It's too late to "downgrade".

Gina

Thanks for posting this Linda. What a sad day that will be.:(:(

Kirk's got some mighty big shoes to fill...........I do hope that Bobby Brown is up for the task.:)

Gina

Actually, cabin 9578 for our Hawaii/Australia/New Zealand IS now a D-2 category. (Didn't used to be.) Next door 9580 is a D-1. So I was happy to have a room next to where we were before at less $$$s!

Linda (and C. D.)

Making me crazy I want to take the Radiance so bad after the revitilaztion but every place she is going is way to far for us so will have to wait unitl she comes back to Florida if she ever does..Is there any talk of them doing this to the other radiance class of ships?

I don't think these have been posted yet, the latest from RCI's YouTube offerings. The first only gives a glimpse of the new Izumi, mostly a little food demo in the galley with just a brief shot of the venue at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjLlcHxTBN0&feature=feedu

This is the one everyone is waiting for.... the outdoor screen at the pool:rolleyes:, does not look like it will be some little inconspicous item in the background. Time will tell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ughh5Ps1KdY&feature=feedu

Found another one... the nursery...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrrJvNVqF5c&feature=feedu

Does anyone know when they are going to release the Radiance itineraries from late Sept. 2012 and onward? The last one listed right now is 9/7/12, Anchorage to Vancouver.

Thanks,

Alan

This is strange. In April the website posted itineraries for the Radiance cruising Australia for 2012 - 2013, with a return in April 2013 to Hawaii, then Hawaii to Vancouver. However, there were no prices and it could not be booked. We were watching for it to become available and our TA had instructions to book. Then in May, all these cruises were taken down.

I wonder if RCL is reevaluating returning from Alaska in 2012. I sure hope not because this is our dream cruise.

This is strange. In April the website posted itineraries for the Radiance cruising Australia for 2012 - 2013, with a return in April 2013 to Hawaii, then Hawaii to Vancouver. However, there were no prices and it could not be booked. We were watching for it to become available and our TA had instructions to book. Then in May, all these cruises were taken down.

I wonder if RCL is reevaluating returning from Alaska in 2012. I sure hope not because this is our dream cruise.

I had noticed the itineraries were posted. I haven't looked in weeks and am surprised they are now gone. :confused: Odd.

Gina

Actually, cabin 9578 for our Hawaii/Australia/New Zealand IS now a D-2 category. (Didn't used to be.) Next door 9580 is a D-1. So I was happy to have a room next to where we were before at less $$$s!

Linda (and C. D.)

Those first 3 hump cabins have been D2s since they were released for Australia. 9580 is still a D2. I remember because I had wished the mid hump was also a D2 but since that group of cabins has sofabeds, they charge more for them as D1s - even though most of us will never use the sofabed. The last D on the hump is also a D2.

Gina

I don't think these have been posted yet, the latest from RCI's YouTube offerings. The first only gives a glimpse of the new Izumi, mostly a little food demo in the galley with just a brief shot of the venue at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjLlcHxTBN0&feature=feedu

This is the one everyone is waiting for.... the outdoor screen at the pool:rolleyes:, does not look like it will be some little inconspicous item in the background. Time will tell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ughh5Ps1KdY&feature=feedu

Found another one... the nursery...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrrJvNVqF5c&feature=feedu

Thanks again Bill for keeping us all up to date on Radiance.

I wanted to ask C&A this, but the wait was getting a little too long :o

I sail out Sept 2 and I have been patiently waiting for the 90 day point so that I can reserve specialty dining ... but since Radiance is still creating that dining, I do not blame them for not having reservations available yet.

But do you think it will be open next week , or will they make me wait until 60 days out?

Your very welcome! I too had heard that cabin 9078 balcony was cave like. I found it to be quite nice and very private! The steel wall didn't bother me at all, I expected it to be dark and it wasn't.

I would book this cabin again!!!! Loved the location!!!!!

I was also afraid of the CL above and noise, that too was not an issue....and now that the CL has been replaced by a family suite, the most noise someone would hear would be the kids jumping off the beds!! :eek: :D

Thanks Linda, this definitely looks like a fantastic cabin and balcony! Do you know if you are able to book the family suite yet, or will it be released once Radiance finishes drydock? Thanks again :)

They're re-evaluating the situation for the Australian market as they pulled Rhapsody post February next year as well. I have some suspicions about possible options, but it's only speculation while they work on it.

Just read an article by "Stab the Man" who just got back from viewing Radiance. He said she is also getting the Uptake Cuburd (even though it was not announced) and some type of specialty store I think called Barrier ... Got excited and came here right away. Need to read article again to get all details :)

Thanks again Bill for keeping us all up to date on Radiance.

You're welcome. I just a little disappointed I won't have a chance to kick the tires and take it for spin around the block before she heads down under.

They're re-evaluating the situation for the Australian market as they pulled Rhapsody post February next year as well. I have some suspicions about possible options, but it's only speculation while they work on it.

FYI, with the Voyager announcement for China and Australia, they may restore the Radiance and Rhapsody bookings once that's locked in. They're saying to allow that should happen next month.

I wanted to ask C&A this' date=' but the wait was getting a little too long :o

I sail out Sept 2 and I have been patiently waiting for the 90 day point so that I can reserve specialty dining ... but since Radiance is still creating that dining, I do not blame them for not having reservations available yet.

But do you think it will be open next week , or will they make me wait until 60 days out?[/quote']

They posted all the new dining venues for our sailing at about the 90 day mark.

Archived