Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

Am I the only one who really wonders if RD is going to go back to Australia after just one season there?

Based on the news that Voyager is going there and the fact that they pulled all the RD not yet priced itineraries off the website, I really wonder. :confused:

Gina

Rhapsody has also been pulled, so they're evaluating options in the Australian market, not just Radiance. Given volumes - and more importantly bookings and returns - I doubt they'd reduce their capacity from two ships to one, particularly when three would be viable (although their competition are also in on the act).

Watch this space...

[quote name='The_Big_M']Rhapsody has also been pulled, so they're evaluating options in the Australian market, not just Radiance. Given volumes - and more importantly bookings and returns - I doubt they'd reduce their capacity from two ships to one, particularly when three would be viable (although their competition are also in on the act).

Watch this space...[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize that about Rhapsody. I just assumed it was doing what it's been doing. This will all be quite interesting to watch.

Gina

[quote name='The_Big_M']Rhapsody has also been pulled, so they're evaluating options in the Australian market, not just Radiance. Given volumes - and more importantly bookings and returns - I doubt they'd reduce their capacity from two ships to one, particularly when three would be viable (although their competition are also in on the act).

Watch this space...[/quote]

We sure are in for a few new cruising options in the coming years! :)

[quote name='mommabean']I would say it's safe to assume there will be a lot of griping and complaining about details being attended to on the first cruise. Anything for some OBC. :rolleyes:

There are a lot of cameras on board and some crew members have had access to ATT at the $2 a day rate even for iphone access. :)

We found Victoria to be quite interesting with cell phone networks. We were standing on our balcony one evening when I had "TELUS", my husband had "ATT" and our friend had "Rogers". It seems most of the crew can pull up a USA ATT signal on the upper, outside decks of the ship so they can call around the world, send texts and video at a reasonable $2 a day USA rate. [U][B]Canadian cell phone rates are unbelievable.
[/B] [/U]
Gina[/quote]
yes, we know!!! We turn off everything on our cell phones in case they wake up!!:eek:

Very late last night I got email from a couple of sources....

"crunchtime"

"trying to get the ship back together"

"venues look great"

"restaurants almost ready"

"busy days"

"all is well"

I would love to be on that first cruise. NO....I'd love to be on board today just to watch. LOL

I got to wondering who will fill in for Reyno for the first 2 days. We know it won't be Georgina.

Gina

[quote name='BillB48']A short one about Rita's Cantina...... ole!

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCwDX9snshk&feature=feedu[/URL][/quote]
Thanks again Bill. It's looking good.
[quote name='mommabean']
I got to wondering who will fill in for Reyno for the first 2 days. We know it [B]won't be Georgina.[/B]

Gina[/quote]
And why is that?

Frommer's has an article today on the Radiance's renovations. I don't know if there is any new tidbit in here for you, but it was fun to read. :)

[url]http://www.frommers.com/articles/7331.html[/url]

[quote=Oscar_the_Grouch's_Sis;29388383]Sorry if this has been asked or discussed before ... or if it is a stupid question :o

are they planning on keeping the Latetudes (sp?) coffee bar? Just wondering if there is still going to be a coffee bar where you can still get "free" pastries with your "for fee" coffee.[/quote]
Nothing was mentioned about Latte-tudes being changed.

[quote name='jmf123']Frommer's has an article today on the Radiance's renovations. I don't know if there is any new tidbit in here for you, but it was fun to read. :)

[URL]http://www.frommers.com/articles/7331.html[/URL][/quote]
Thanks for posting the link. It is interesting
Im curious thou it says Ritas is free I thought there was a fee

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]To starboard, [B]Rita's Cantina [/B]will serve fajitas, fish tacos, shrimp ceviche tostadas, flautas, and other Mexican dishes at lunch and dinner, with a large selection of specialty margaritas. Built in a semi-enclosed style (with a roof, but with one side open at the deck's railing), the space will be both casual and free. [/COLOR][/LEFT]

[quote name='jonbgd']Thanks for posting the link. It is interesting
Im curious thou it says Ritas is free I thought there was a fee

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]To starboard, [B]Rita's Cantina [/B]will serve fajitas, fish tacos, shrimp ceviche tostadas, flautas, and other Mexican dishes at lunch and dinner, with a large selection of specialty margaritas. Built in a semi-enclosed style (with a roof, but with one side open at the deck's railing), the space will be both casual and free. [/COLOR][/LEFT]
[/quote]
Looks like the same proofreaders that work for RCI also work for Frommers.:(

There is a fee for eating at [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3] [URL="http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do?exCode=991"]Rita’s Cantina[/URL][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='cruisenfever']Looks like the same proofreaders that work for RCI also work for Frommers.:(

There is a fee for eating at [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3][URL="http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do?exCode=991"]Rita’s Cantina[/URL][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
Thanks Thats what I thought
Maybe they can hire me. They can pay me in cruises:D

The Frommer's article had one item of Radiance revitalization that I didn't know about, regarding the main pool deck:
Radiance's main pool deck is being improved through installation of a large, digital movie screen that will show recent-release movies and sporting events. Meanwhile, [B]the deck itself has been replaced with Bolideck Future Teak, a long-lasting synthetic material that simulates the look and feel of real teak wood.
[/B]
I don't know how well it will simulate real teak wood, but I like the throwback to a bygone era. The wraparound teak decks on Holland America are unforgettable.

This article on Cruise Critic says that there is no cover charge (on the Radiance) for Rita's. [URL="http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4509"]http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4509[/URL]

I'm on the July 1st sailing, and there is no option to select Rita's for the specialty dining options. Everything else is there (Chops, Giovanni, Izumi, Chef's Table, Samba). Confusing, to say the least! Do they not take reservations?

[quote name='cruisenfever']Looks like the same proofreaders that work for RCI also work for Frommers.:(

There is a fee for eating at [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3] [URL="http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do?exCode=991"]Rita’s Cantina[/URL][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

When they said free...they probably meant free of reservations. :rolleyes: Walk ins are welcome, pay at the door. :) That's why reservations aren't available on line.

Gina

[QUOTE=Oscar_the_Grouch's_Sis;29388383]Sorry if this has been asked or discussed before ... or if it is a stupid question :o

are they planning on keeping the Latetudes (sp?) coffee bar? Just wondering if there is still going to be a coffee bar where you can still get "free" pastries with your "for fee" coffee.[/QUOTE]

If they change it, I only hope it's run like Lattetudes was and not like Carnival's on board coffee shop. Carnival charges for all their pastries, coffee purchase or not.

Lattetudes pastries were free for the asking even without coffee purchase. People didn't seem to realize that.

Gina

Archived