Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

Here are some pictures from our cruise on Radiance, August 19 - 26, 2011:

Thanks for sharing your album with us...great pics!

We were there one week before you, Aug 12-19, 2011 and had a marvellous 5-night pre-cruise cruisetour from Fairbanks to Seward Aug 7-12. Here is my trip review (still under construction!!) on Cruise Critic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1467693

All--

Here is a link to some great Sailaway pictures of Radiance from September 2, 2011. http://www.shipcafe.net/shipcafe/rd11/rdsail_2Sep11.htm

We will board her on the 16th for 28 night to Hawaii and on to Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, Auckland and Sydney.

Frank in warm and sunny SBA:cool:

WOW! Frank, What great pictures, I was thinking of going over to see you sail away on the 16th but not sure yet as we may have other plans that day;)

I Can't wait to hear all about you cruise and Karen & Pete will till us all about it as we are bringing the Radiance back to Vancouver in April:cool:

I wish you were stopping in Victoria again:(

Carol:)

Hi, Carol--

They are great pictures, aren't they? I didn't take them but whoever did sure did a wonderful job -- especially as she got closer to the bridge.

We'll try to take good care of Radiance for you.

We just found out that Rathan (the guy who worked the front desk at MTD) is now an ROC (Restaurant Operations Coordinator) and Vikram is in charge of the Specialty Restaurants.

Best to you both,

Frank in sunny and HOT SBA:cool:

Hi, Carol--

They are great pictures, aren't they? I didn't take them but whoever did sure did a wonderful job -- especially as she got closer to the bridge.

We'll try to take good care of Radiance for you.

We just found out that Rathan (the guy who worked the front desk at MTD) is now an ROC (Restaurant Operations Coordinator) and Vikram is in charge of the Specialty Restaurants.

Best to you both,

Frank in sunny and HOT SBA:cool:

Frank, we may go to Vegas next year and If we do maybe we can get together sometime as we would be driving down but I will keep in touch by e-mail:cool:

Hey it's Hot and Sunny here too, it's been around 85-90 degrees these days:eek:

Best to you and Norm,

Carol:)

We're boarding Radiance today. If anyone has a special picture request that you haven't seen elsewhere, now is your chance. We'll have cell phone access in port. That along with tapatalk will make it easy for me to show you what you want to see along the way.

Here is RD as seen from our balcony at the Holiday Inn.

18ed8867-3fe6-9f7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're boarding Radiance today. If anyone has a special picture request that you haven't seen elsewhere, now is your chance. We'll have cell phone access in port. That along with tapatalk will make it easy for me to show you what you want to see along the way.

Here is RD as seen from our balcony at the Holiday Inn.

18ed8867-3fe6-9f7d.jpg

How do you like the Tapatalk App for your Iphone? Any Problems? Is it A LOT easier than using a laptop for CC threads or is it basically the same as a computer?

How do you like the Tapatalk App for your Iphone? Any Problems? Is it A LOT easier than using a laptop for CC threads or is it basically the same as a computer?

The app had a brief problem period after on update but that was quickly fixed by cc. A laptop is certainly very easy but you need wifi to use it. On a phone, you can use it anywhere you have cellular service. 3G is best but the edge network works, too. Once you realize you have so many options just by tapping the screen, it becomes very easy to use all the options.

Bon Voyage and have a great trip. Now your assignment is to check out each and every cabin and make sure that there are no plumbing problems!:D

Not a picture request, but would love a report on the CL under the new rules, please.

You can bet I'll tell anything worth mentioning. My camera will be with me just because it always is. I'll be ready for anything.

Only one camera??? What happened to the days of 2 or 3?

BILL

Only one camera??? What happened to the days of 2 or 3?

BILL

I have 3 with me. I carry one at a time :)

Vikram will return as windjammer manager where he had been recently. He boards in Hawaii. Jeanie returns to MTD this Ketchikan.

The DL is a bit smaller than I'd expected. The outside CL area is real nice. Picture attached.

Toured the old CL family suite. Small but rooms but still very nice and functional.

There is no bathroom tile change in a JS. I wonder if anyone got a tile change??? There is a little tray glued to the counter in front of the TV for the remote. Maybe we won't lose it now.

a6cd8ebc-8cab-0755.jpg

I have 3 with me. I carry one at a time :)

Vikram will return as windjammer manager where he had been recently. He boards in Hawaii. Jeanie returns to MTD this Ketchikan.

The DL is a bit smaller than I'd expected. The outside CL area is real nice. Picture attached.

Toured the old CL family suite. Small but rooms but still very nice and functional.

There is no bathroom tile change in a JS. I wonder if anyone got a tile change??? There is a little tray glued to the counter in front of the TV for the remote. Maybe we won't lose it now.

a6cd8ebc-8cab-0755.jpg

Someone on our roll call for the 9/27 cruise posted that Vikram is in charge of all Specialty Restaurants. Is he just filling in for the WJ Manager?

Since Radiance never had a designated DL, it has to be huge!!

Someone on our roll call for the 9/27 cruise posted that Vikram is in charge of all Specialty Restaurants. Is he just filling in for the WJ Manager?

Since Radiance never had a designated DL, it has to be huge!!

Vikram was working as specialty restaurant manager until August when he switched over to being WJ manager. He returns as WJ manager in Hawaii where he will remain until late October. He will then be the maitre di again while Kumar takes time off.

I suppose any DL is better than no DL. But it's not as large or as nice as the CL, that's for sure.

When it's cold and rainy they have been using crew area stairs in the WJ to get people into Samba Grill.

There is no problem getting specialty restaurant reservations on short notice I am told.

Lilla and Marek have moved to a smaller ship. I forgot which one already. Legend maybe? It's one that will be going into a one week drydock soon. Which one is that?

Vikram was working as specialty restaurant manager until August when he switched over to being WJ manager. He returns as WJ manager in Hawaii where he will remain until late October. He will then be the maitre di again while Kumar takes time off.

I suppose any DL is better than no DL. But it's not as large or as nice as the CL, that's for sure.

When it's cold and rainy they have been using crew area stairs in the WJ to get people into Samba Grill.

There is no problem getting specialty restaurant reservations on short notice I am told.

Lilla and Marek have moved to a smaller ship. I forgot which one already. Legend maybe? It's one that will be going into a one week drydock soon. Which one is that?

I will miss Lilla and Marek, but I guess I will miss a lot of people since I will be on Celebrity for my next 2 cruises.

Gina...have a great time. :)

BILL

Thanks Gina for the info. Glad that both Vikram and Jeannie will be on board. Is Edwin managing Chops and is Shihene (sp) still in MDR?

Thanks Gina for the info. Glad that both Vikram and Jeannie will be on board. Is Edwin managing Chops and is Shihene (sp) still in MDR?

I'll find out about Edwin. He was there in May. Marek and Lilla went to Splendor.

I'm not sure who is the woman you mentioned. If I notice someone with ghat name or similar, I'll let you know.

I'll find out about Edwin. He was there in May. Marek and Lilla went to Splendor.

I'm not sure who is the woman you mentioned. If I notice someone with ghat name or similar, I'll let you know.

Shihene (sp) is a senior head waiter, male who took over for Chantel in the WJ when she left. He is from Turkey....big teddy bear!! Thank you Gina.

Archived