THIRD Dinner Seating?

toesockrock

Anyone hear of this? We always have the second seating time -- around 8PM (it's been so long -- two years! -- that I can't remember exactly when we ate dinner), but now it's saying something about a third seating when my mom logged in to get the cruise documents. I remember booking the cruise and specifically asking for the "late seating," but what's this about a third one? I thought there were only two!

If it makes any difference, we'll be on the Miracle out of New York, on July 30th.

xoxo

Maggi

Miracle is only one dining room (spirit class).....so only 2 dining times.....third seating would be pizza on the lido at Midnight LOL

That's what I thought! Maybe it's still staggered in just the one dining room? (But then I have to eat dinner and in the middle of it, watch people file in for *their* dinner? Ew.)

xoxo

Maggi

Since most of the Carnival ships have 2 dining rooms, and 2 seatings in each dining room, I think it has become easier for them to label 6:00 as first seating, 6:30 as second seating, 8:00 as third seating and 8:30 as fourth seating. Therefore, even though the Spirit class has only 1 dining room and 2 seatings, they would be labeled by Carnival as first and third seating. From a computer programming standpoint, it would make sense.

The electronic docs for our upcoming Legend cruise also show us as having the Third Dinner Seating. Our PVP put in a request for late dining so I figure, like bthorn1108 mentioned above, that's just the way the computer handles the request.

John

For E-Docs the seatings are:

5:45 - 1st Seating

6:15 - 2nd Seating

8:00 - 3rd Seating

8:30 - 4th Seating.

It looks like some IT wizard has decided that the first late seating will be 3rd Seating regardless the number of dining rooms on the ship and how confusing it is to customers. :rolleyes:

Can someone explain to me where you can see your dinner seating on the carnival.com website... I just logged in and can't find anywhere where it states what dinner seating I'm at... help would be great, thanks!

Can someone explain to me where you can see your dinner seating on the carnival.com website... I just logged in and can't find anywhere where it states what dinner seating I'm at... help would be great, thanks!

If you booked with Carnival it is available on the Modify Booking page, else you have to go into e-docs.

Please note it shows time requested, not assigned.

If other cruiselines can confirm dining room assignments, why can't Carnival? I booked a cruise over a year in advance and requested the 2nd seating and got the 4th!:eek: I did not like finishing dinner at 10:30pm. I asked to change and wasn't accomodated but others who got on the ship later did! :o

Archived