"Live onboard AOS"

Just a quick note as promised. We finally made it onboard yesterday and this ship is just so amazing. Everyone has been so unbelievably friendly and welcoming to us. Tonight was our first formal night and everyone looks fantastic, impecably dressed. I have not seen anyone who didn't look dressed up. We have Sanjay and Duran as our waitors and they both are so attentive. They are a big hit with my 2 girls, ages 10 and 18. The weather is perfect, sunny and hot. Just wanted to say a few words to all of you. Tomorrow we dock in Barbados and are doing the 5 star catamaran sail and snorkel- should be alot of fun. Hope all is well with everyone here.

Good morning everyone--once again this am, the weather is sunny and gorgeous!! Last night was the Captains Reception and it was very nice....so many people dressed up even the little ones and they looked so adoreable. Someone asked if there was anything to report....the only thing we really hit was when we arrived at the port. we were the 2nd in line...and we heard there was a delay sec. to the norvirus....I was panicking a little cause last december we were delayed 2 whole days in Miami for the same thing. As it turned out it was a family of like 30 who had it and were confined early in the cruise.....but just to be safe they were disinfecting the whole ship to prevent another major outbreak!!!! So, my advice to those of you when you plan to cruise.....please utilize great handwashing and you'll be fine. There was one lady who was refusing to using the wipes and it made me soooo angry. She would be the one who would ruin it for everyone.

well that's it for now.....about to pull into Barbados...catch you all later.

divadisney - love hearing you live from Adventure. We will be boarding when you are getting off. What time did you get to the port? I sure hope that the Noro does not hit.

Have a great trip.

Hi to AOS!!

We were on the 10th-17th sailing. Going home is always sad :( ! We had a great time on a beautiful ship. Jerry and Jose in the Champagne Bar are great! Dee Dee the Concierge is delightful! There was a Noro-Virus shut-down of Adventure Ocean while we were on board. The arcade was closed, by 13 and 15 yr old boys saved money! Everyone I saw was very cooperative with the wipes and sanitizer before meals. We were anxious to get the activities started again for the kids! When there were no more reported cases, the activities did open again later in the week.

We sailed the Aruba-Curacao-St.Thomas-St.-Martin route. It was great with awesome weather.

Have a great time....I need to get back to laundry!

Kim

Hello everyone......just back on ship after a fantastic day in Barbados. We did the 5 star catamaran sail and snorkel and it was just fabulous. We did get a lot of rain this morning but it opened up a bit this afternoon....mostly cloudy with a few peeks of sun. All in all, not a bad day. I am very sunburned and my shoulders are killing me.....this after applying a 50 sunblock. (oh well what can u do??) Going to Portofino's tonight with 2 other couples from here on cruise critic---looking forward to it alot. I recommend going either on Tuesday or Sat. nights. as the formal nights are Monday and Friday. Well, St. Lucia is tomorrow and we are doing the Tropical Islands Tour....can't wait. Hope all is well here....everyone is sooooo nice and everyone else seems to really be having a good time. Talk to you all later. ;)

Hey Diva, so jealous we're not there anymore. We had Duran on our recent cruise and I am sure your girls are loving him. What a bummer about the NV. Hopefully your family stays healthy. No one was sick on our cruise thankfully!

Can't wait to hear more. Have a safe trip back.

On the Aruba route, the formal nights are Mon and Thurs (the 2 "at sea" days). Lobster is served on the second formal night. The lobster is now known as a Fisherman's Plate, or something like that, and is served with shrimp....I thought it was fabulous!

Not a problem! I fully understand. :D

As I said, my DD has become a major seafood fanatic. All you can eat lobster sounded way to good for her to pass up. I guess I would have had to pack formal clothes so at least the 2 of us could go.

If your daughter is a seafood fanatic, there is also scallop risotto that is wonderful, and very tasty garlicky tiger shrimp. The lobster bisque was fabulous. Shrimp cocktail....mmmmmmm!! Every night she will have at least one seafood choice (appetizer, soup, or entree)

I was on the AOS exactly two weeks ago (Jun 3 - 10) so think I was on exact same itinerary as Stephanie is currently on - Barbados, St.Lucia, Antigua, St.Maarten, St.Thomas.

I think she will find, as some have suggested, that she is mistaken, and that her two formal nights are Monday (at Sea day) and Thursday (Antigua). The "lobster night" was Friday night (St.Maarten).

That's definitely what it was two weeks ago - and it was great :)

I was on the AOS exactly two weeks ago (Jun 3 - 10) so think I was on exact same itinerary as Stephanie is currently on - Barbados, St.Lucia, Antigua, St.Maarten, St.Thomas.

I think she will find, as some have suggested, that she is mistaken, and that her two formal nights are Monday (at Sea day) and Thursday (Antigua). The "lobster night" was Friday night (St.Maarten).

That's definitely what it was two weeks ago - and it was great :)

Thanks for clarifying that for me, gcscotland...we want to do Portofino's one night and we don't mind if we miss one formal night, but can't miss lobster night!:eek: :D Do you by any chance remember what was on the menu on Thursday?

Archived