QE2 Apil 08 crossing

Cunard Cruiser

I was stunned to read this morning about QE2. My response to such the sad news was to book the April 08 crossing NY to Southampton. The pricing was a good deal, considering it is her last sailing year. I think the October crossings will be very steep considering us QE2 loyals would pay anything for a farewell.

So if October is out of reach - there is always April.

Sea-sea,

There are already a bunch of us over on the Roll Call Board for this crossing. If You can swing it, quite a few of us are doing the back to back, returning on the QM2, with 4 days in between.

Welcome aboard!

What restaurant class will you be in?

We are booked in Caronia, 3 deck. (Unless I can upgrade to a higher deck. She may sell out quickly now that this is announced)

Karie,

so glad I booked before this happened

Glad to hear some fellow CC are also onboard.

I am in a C4. Always done M grades before. How different are the cabins from the M grades?

Don't know.

this is my first QE2.

I am in, I think 3167.Starboard side aft.

Karie,

April crossing already booked!

I am in a C4. Always done M grades before. How different are the cabins from the M grades?

I am considering the April crossing if I don't get one of the October ones. We wait and see.

C - grade cabin soffer a lot more than M. They are larger and better shaped. (I am a big fan of the cosy M cabins but some end up being such silly shapes). In many C cabins you get a fridge and a tub. Some have a day sofa, although these are not greatly comfy. One strange effect I noticed on my last crossing is that larger cabins mean more things to squeek.

I am no real fan of Caronia restaurant. More space than Mauretania but not as much fun.

I am considering the April crossing if I don't get one of the October ones. We wait and see.

C - grade cabin soffer a lot more than M. They are larger and better shaped. (I am a big fan of the cosy M cabins but some end up being such silly shapes). In many C cabins you get a fridge and a tub. Some have a day sofa, although these are not greatly comfy. One strange effect I noticed on my last crossing is that larger cabins mean more things to squeek.

I am no real fan of Caronia restaurant. More space than Mauretania but not as much fun.

Archived