Ice Buckets?

Can I get an ice bucket for my room on liberty of the seas? or something else to put ice in the keep soft drinks and bottled water cold?

Thankyou

There is an ice bucket in your cabin but it is not large enough to hold drinks. Your cabin will have a small fridge but it does not do a great job in keeping things real cold.

Our little fridge actually was freezing the water inside on the shelves ( not the door ones. We were going to turn it down and then decided to leave it there and carry the frozen ones off the ship and while on tour they melted but stayed cold a good part of the day.

The bars sell "Buckets of Beers". The plastic buckets are a little larger than a gallon and perfect for filling with ice and putting a few bottles in.

I went to one of the bars (friends with the bartender) and asked for one. Then I wrote my name and cabin number on it with a Marks-a-Lot so the attendant wouldn't take it. It worked great for the whole 2 weeks we were on the Mariner. Late at night, (after 1:30 am) the Promenade Cafe (open 24 hours) was the only place to get ice.

Hope This Helps.

Just keep the plastic bucket in your room and ask your cabin attendant to fill that with ice as well as you regular ice bucket. We did and our cabin attendant obliged. When we had a JS or higher we got the larger ice bucket. On the Jewel in 2005 they gave us two of the large sized iced buckets. Now that was nice. I imagine you can just ask for an extra ice bucket as well. Most of the cabin attendants seem willing to bring you what you ask for.

You will have a normal (i.e., small) ice bucket in your cabin when you arrive, UNLESS your ship is in "Noro-Virus-Lockdown" mode. As others have suggested, you can usually get a larger bucket (wine bottle size) by asking nicely.

You will have a normal (i.e., small) ice bucket in your cabin when you arrive, UNLESS your ship is in "Noro-Virus-Lockdown" mode. As others have suggested, you can usually get a larger bucket (wine bottle size) by asking nicely.

This is true. I used my usual charm when making the request and received the larger bucket on my last cruise on Navigator. Fortunately we had a female stateroom attendant. ;)

This is true. I used my usual charm when making the request and received the larger bucket on my last cruise on Navigator. Fortunately we had a female stateroom attendant. ;)
Interesting that you felt the need to add and emphasize that, Tony............ :D :D :D

Oh, I *love* getting the opportunity to use this .gif:

Oh, now that was harsh. I'm sure my charm had something to do with it. Or maybe it was the stateroom attendant just hoping for an extra tip. I'd prefer to think it was the former rather than the latter. ;)

Archived