Infants on Princess?

pansygirl

It says you can fax a request for baby food. What kind of baby food? Cribs the standard pack n play? Bring car seat? Have heard on foreign buses can't use car seat. Crib fit okay in outside double?

yes, request faxed because of food allergies and say if 1st stage or 2nd stage requested. 2nd...the kinds are just shipped and all are gerber, we don't have a say (sorry). 3rd...cribs, standard, and actually you can call and they can even get the actual dimentions. 3rd...you can bring a car seat, and for some excursions you will want to because they won't be offered, some are, depends where you are going. 4th...not sure about the buses not being allowed to use them, you need to call for this ? and they need to call another department to confirm this actually because things change more often over seas. 5th...yes, you'll be totally fine, it's just more of a matter of how much you are going to be in your room...more likely if you got an outside ocean view you're planning on doing more stuff on the cruise and you're gonna be more outgoing, but if you are going to be in your room a whole lot and just hang out in there you might want to move up, but you might have wanted to anyways if you weren't going to have a crib and going to be in your room a lot.

WOW! that's a lot of info all in one. hope this helps you :)

It says you can fax a request for baby food. What kind of baby food? Cribs the standard pack n play? Bring car seat? Have heard on foreign buses can't use car seat. Crib fit okay in outside double?

Just remember, in an outside double, there will be no where to go when the baby is napping. It is one square room with no escape, no curtain, no 'other room' for the baby. So, it will depend on what your baby is used to with others right there where he/she can see them.

If at all possible, at least a balcony cabin would be the answer. That way you can be right there, but still enjoy the ocean and enjoy some quiet time while the little one is also comfortable.

We are taking our 9 month old daughter with us on the Diamond to Alaska at the end of July... I had many of the same questions... In addition to what has already been posted; if you bought your child his/her own plane seat, FAA reglations REQUIRE that you have an approved carseat, that most airlines will not provide. If he/she is a lap child you don't need one. We were going to leave it at home til we found that out. Now the plan is, when we check in at the ship (cruise first, then tour), to tag the carseat with one of the tags that says "meet me in Fairbanks." Hopefully it won't get lost. We aren't planning on needing it at all during the trip, we are taking the little one on very many excursions.

The other thing we are planning on doing is, when we arrive in Vancouver, I will jump in a cab (while the rest of the family does the transfer) and head to a grocery store or mega-mart (no Wal-Marts in downtown Vancouver) and buy diapers, some formula, etc. there. As opposed to packing it prior to the flight, unless we have plenty of room lef in our luggage, but I can't see packing an entire suitcase full of nothing but diapers.

If I come up with more, I'll post later, and if you have any tips, let us know... thanks

>>I will jump in a cab (while the rest of the family does the transfer) and head to a grocery store or mega-mart (no Wal-Marts in downtown Vancouver) and buy diapers, some formula<<<<<

Here is one Costco right by the Airport

9151 Bridgeport Road

Richmond, British Columbia

V6X3L9

This Costco is right Downtown Vancouver

605 Expo Blvd

Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 1V4

Canada

The Real Canadian Superstore are very much like a HUGE Walmart

Here is the Richmond Address close to Airport

4651 Number 3 Road Richmond.

You could jump a cab give them the address, shop and then have another cab take you directly to Canada Place :)

We put our 12 month old in the crib, in the open closet area across from the bathroom (we had an outside balcony room). It was like she had her own room, it was dark and quiet. We also washed the crib with clorox wipes and then a wash cloth to wash it off. Didn't want to pass any germs. We also didn't buy her a seat on the plane, she sat on our lap. Didn't bring a carseat either, took the princess transfer from airport to ship and when we were in Mexico we took a cab and she was on my lap. I am very uptight about these things, but I told the driver to be very careful and said a quick Hail Mary, I was nervous about. We did pack all of our diapers and just stuffed them in the nooks and crannies of our bags, brought wipes and forumla. Not really a big deal, just didn't want to worry about it. Don't forget you'll need a bottle brush and detergent. We always requested juice (it comes in a 4oz bottle) in the am and packed them when we went off the ship. They will bring anything you want. Everynight we ate in the dining room and they made her special meals each night (she has food allergies), she ate steak or chix with baked potato. It is the easiest vacation with a baby. You just push them around in a stroller, never get into a car and everything is done for you. Everyone will dote on your child. We even got her dressed up like a princess on formal night and debuted her in the dining room. Granted we have a very good child who is so adaptable. Best of luck and enjoy. Feel free to ask any questions.

Archived