Ship decor on Paradise?

mommykim

Hello all,

I am thinking of booking a cruise on the Paradise but I have a question about the decor. I sailed on the Pride with my 11 y/o son and he was VERY put off with the decor. What is it like on the Paradise? Specifically are there naked people everywhere?

Hello all,

I am thinking of booking a cruise on the Paradise but I have a question about the decor. I sailed on the Pride with my 11 y/o son and he was VERY put off with the decor. What is it like on the Paradise? Specifically are there naked people everywhere?

Decor is very gaudy and very dark and a bit nonsensical. The ship theme had something to do with old sailing ships, but there were these columns by the elevators that were supposed to look like Faberge eggs (but didn't). Very dated appointments, let's just say. I didn't see any nude statues or paintings, the decor was offensive enough!!:eek: Guess I'm not a Farcus fan.:rolleyes:

Gaudy he can deal with but all the nudes and cherubs and David's on the Pride really upset him. Enoufgh that when I mentioned possibly booking the Paradise his first reaction was not if it's like the Pride.

It has the worst Lido buffet seating layout of any Carnival ship we've been on. To us the ship was major crowded, they even shoved an additional table in the dining room in our section. Perhaps it's because it was a holiday cruise and both dining areas would be less congested at other times of the year. I do love Carnival and luckily for me they have a lot of ship choices.

We were on the Paradise last October and thought the decor was fine, but we also liked the Pride so I guess to each his own. I didn't really notice either one of them that much after the first day. There are some pictures of both in my signature.

I was just on the Paradise last week and I would say that it certainly has the Farcus flair, but no nudity to be seen (at least not in the public areas). ;)

I was pleasantly surprised by the Paradise and the condition of the ship. For being an older ship, it is in good shape. I like the layout of the newer ships like the Valor, etc. but the Paradise is a nice ship.

There weren't as many kids as I expected there would be. There were quite a few 20-somethings though, however, all were well behaved and everyone seemed to have a good time.

For the money, it is definitely worth it.

Hello all,

Maybe this is the right age to teach him about nudity as art, the human body is art and nothing to be ashamed of. I know that at 11 that kids are going through a ton of changes, and are most impressionable about these things. Maybe this will help him be more comfortable in museums etc...

just an opinion

MAC

Maybe this is the right age to teach him about nudity as art, the human body is art and nothing to be ashamed of. I know that at 11 that kids are going through a ton of changes, and are most impressionable about these things. Maybe this will help him be more comfortable in museums etc...

just an opinion

MAC

This is a good and valid point. I knew that the nudity on the ship was not bad and was a part of art. People should not take offense to something like that.

The nudity is a Spirit Class thing from what I've seen/heard so far. On the Legend I was surprised by it. A cruise ship isn't a museum. But, as an adult I didn't give it much thought.

I have been on the Paradise and several Fantasy class ship and they all had funky decore, with the Paradise being the clamest.

He won't have a problem with it.

Archived