? re: snorkel-Stuarts Cove..Bahamas

Has anyone snorkeled on the Stuarts Cove tour in the Bahamas? Was there enough time allowed to catch the bus to snorkel and return to the ship? We'd love to go but if it's too tight with time I'd like to search for other options. We really enjoy snorkeling. Thanks!

There's a special link on the Stuart Cove's Web site for cruise ship passengers... it'll tell you what time they have pick ups right there in Nassau. In some cases, I've heard of people whose port times don't allow them to make the pick up time, but there's no worry about getting back from the excursion in time to make the ship. They schedule enough time that you can do their trip and they can get you back in time.... it's very well organized and a GREAT time!

We booked this last year. It wasn't offered by Carnival. I admit I was a bit scared about getting back in time when I booked. But, they are so professional and they made sure we were back to the boat in plenty of time. Remember their business depends on it. Also, it was THE BEST snorkeling trip we did on our cruise last year.

FYI (Tour Date Sept 2003):

Nassau: “Snorkel Bahamas Adventure” is a 5-½ hour trip operated by Stuart’s Cove. The boat trip is @ three hours, and visits Schoolhouse Reef, the spectacular Golden Key Reef and finally a “swim with the sharks” at ‘The Wreck of the Bahama Mama’. I have never before witnessed such a number and variety of fish as at Golden Key. There are never-ending fish, large and small, singly and in large schools. The floor is decorated with huge, magnificent coral formations of all shapes and sizes. While there, a shark cruised past our group. He obviously thought this was his ocean and didn’t know, nor care, that we weren’t scheduled for a shark encounter until after Golden Key. Surprisingly, getting in with a dozen or so sharks is not frightening. I suspect we were too caught up with their grace and magnificence to be scared. The fact that the boat captain hadn’t lost a diver in twelve years was also encouraging. This is a five star, gold medallion, prime trip, not to be missed!

http://www.dive-bahamas.com/

I checked with the Stuart Cove people and the only way to make their scheduled times if your cruise (like mine) docks from 8-5, is to get to their dock by 9, possible, but to hire that transportation is around $44. Heard great things about it though, if you can make it.

Archived