Mercury favorite cabins

Nan59

Considering the Mercury for Alaska in summer 2008. Are there any favorite cabins? We usually like an aft, but really need an adjoining room since we are traveling with my husband's mother this trip. We're also concerned...will this ship bridge the generations. We're mid forties, our son traveling with us is 21 and mother-in-law is late 70's. We will probably do shore excursions separate from her. She is mostly interested in watching the scenery from the ship.

Thanks for any help.

Can grandson share room with grandma???? Book 2 Sky Suites on Sky Deck--much larger balconies! Son needs single room? Get him an inside somewhere & book Grandma near---in a pinch, he is close at hand. Other scenarios--you're on your own!:D

We were on the Mercury two summers ago with our children (age 16 and 18 at the time) and our parents (age 73 at the time.) We found that Mercury was delightful for all ages, and found plenty of time to do things apart from one another and together as well. My husband's mother is handicapped and it was very difficult for her to get off in any ports on our Alaskan trip. Ketchikan was especially difficult with planked walkways and cobblestoned areas. She ventured out for about 10 minutes and turned back. They had a balcony room, we had an outside room with beautiful window and our kids shared an inside. All rooms were gorgeous and I was so impressed with the view from our window. We had to give up a balcony on this trip because of late booking, but the window was large. Our kids always share an inside cabin near us as they would probably never sit out on the balcony. They want to be up by the pool. I agree with MBZ Girl about having g-ma share with your son. Could work out perfectly! Dinner and the Martini Bar were exceptional too. enjoy

Archived