Check your reservation summary online - wrong info

hajekfam

Do check your reservation summary online. I just found the strangest thing probably caused by somebody else's typo.

I always check to make sure of our cabin number and seating. (Hoping for the upgrade fairy!) We book second seating and I found that in the summary we were listed as main seating. I also noticed that we were linked to three other reservation numbers and we are sailing by ourselves. I quickly notified our TA and checked it out. She found out the names of the other reservations and asked us if it was somebody that we knew. She also told me that she had originally booked us with second seating (which we were assigned) and that she had us changed back to second seating and delinked us from the other three reservations. We did not give our reservation number to anyone so the only thing that we could figure out was that somebody entered a typo and accidentally linked us to their reservations and main seating. Glad I caught that early enough as this was a Med cruise and second seating is normally quite full. It would have been a shock to those other 3 reservations if they found strangers sitting at their table.

So do keep checking your online reservation summary to make sure that all the info is accurate. It is so easy to enter a typo or a transposition.

Interesting !!

I recently had a fairly long discussion with an onboard CC rep. Regarding online check in's/net security etc.. This was brought up because of my ability to deal with others info once I had their booking number. Friends traveling together had shared so that TA's could link. etc etc.

I was amazed to find out that I could access a lot of their info with that number and indeed it appeared to be "Live" and changeable in the forms. I did not try to change it of course but I assumed that if it was live I could.

The CC rep admitted there was a problem and that it was being fixed as we sailed. (April) Maybe the reason for the change in IT company??

I guess it just makes sense to be cautious of all this stuff. If it works great; if it can be screwed up somehow.. I'm sure someone will do that too.

Anyone else have experiences??

Hi Everyone !

You are lucky if you can even SEE your reservations. Several of my bookings cannot be added to "My Celebrity" for some unknown reason. 1 of the bookings is a back-to-back sailing, and I was told by Captains Club those bookings cannot be seen on "My Celebrity". Why ? Who knows :)

The other sailings are not back to back, yet also cannot be added. I wish they would update this feature so it works properly.

Since I am always the makeshift TA for all of the groups reservations I do with family and friends every year : I have access to all their accounts and passwords. The only times I have EVER made any changes were to say UPGRADE a cabin as a surprise gift ( last year upgraded SIL to a Sky Suite from an Ocean view as a Christmas present ), or to make a payment for the person if they want to use a different credit card.

The other option is to let the people that travel with me make their own reservations which most really don't want to do, and they like the fact that bookings are linked together for dining purposes etc...

BTW: Andy, I've been having problems with the X site also. But I remember last year when they did an update almost the same thing happened.

Dave:eek:

Since I am always the makeshift TA for all of the groups reservations I do with family and friends every year : I have access to all their accounts and passwords. The only times I have EVER made any changes were to say UPGRADE a cabin as a surprise gift ( last year upgraded SIL to a Sky Suite from an Ocean view as a Christmas present ), or to make a payment for the person if they want to use a different credit card.

Dave:eek:

I never had a password just the booking number. My point to CC rep was why should I be able to change a passport number for example.?.... and If I can who else can if they have my booking number.

You have to have a password to log in to the My Celebrity page.

Andy, I also wasn't able to see my info because we are doing a back to back which is why it took me so long to find out. I found it when I went to enter my online documentation and found the summary tab and clicked it. That is when I noticed what had happened. No one has our reservation number or my password - in fact you can't view the reservation summary let alone edit it because it is a back to back. We (TA and I) really think that someone either transposed a number or entered it incorrectly when they were setting up their linked reservations. I hope Celebrity contacts them to find out who they really wanted to be linked.

I just want to stress that mistakes can happen and it is easier to fix sooner than later.

I don't get it. We're sailng B2B and can see both reservations separately (and have been able to do so since booking - booked via TA). However, I did go to check and, lo and behold, we have an unknown reservation linked to both of ours also AND they are two different reservation numbers. Our TA is checking it out. Will report when I find out resolution.

This situation isn't merely perplexing; it's potentially dangerous. If reservations and personal information are easily accessed for "benign" reasons (i.e., to link reservations and dining times), the same is true for criminal or even terrorist motives. Think of all the info that is stored in Celebrity's (or most cruise lines') data base--credit card numbers, addresses, passport numbers, travel dates, etc. Multiply that by thousands and even a "small" mistake with data base access can have devastating consequences.

I have just tried to access my, "My Celebrity" using my ID and password. I get into it okay but all my future reservations are "Not" available now??? It states I have "no" reservations on file... which is..."not correct".

I have had no problem getting into and out of my "My Celebrity" before and all my reservation information was there. Where did it go?

I emailled Celebrity and got an email back stating to phone the number given to register online. I have been registered online for almost a year with no trouble until now. I really shouldn't have to "Re-register" should I? :confused:

I sent another email asking why I should re-register when I have already done so, many months ago. Haven't heard back yet on this email.

Is there anyone else out there who has lost their "My Celebrity" online reservation information. Please check your, "My Celebrity" account and see if I'm alone on this or if it has effected others too.

First the message boards act up and now this?? :(

Hopefully this problem is cleared up in the near future.

Pat :)

Do check your reservation summary online. I just found the strangest thing probably caused by somebody else's typo.

I always check to make sure of our cabin number and seating. (Hoping for the upgrade fairy!) We book second seating and I found that in the summary we were listed as main seating. I also noticed that we were linked to three other reservation numbers and we are sailing by ourselves. I quickly notified our TA and checked it out. She found out the names of the other reservations and asked us if it was somebody that we knew. She also told me that she had originally booked us with second seating (which we were assigned) and that she had us changed back to second seating and delinked us from the other three reservations. We did not give our reservation number to anyone so the only thing that we could figure out was that somebody entered a typo and accidentally linked us to their reservations and main seating. Glad I caught that early enough as this was a Med cruise and second seating is normally quite full. It would have been a shock to those other 3 reservations if they found strangers sitting at their table.

So do keep checking your online reservation summary to make sure that all the info is accurate. It is so easy to enter a typo or a transposition.

You were probably booked into a group block.. the names automatically link... and typically the groups manager designates one seating for the group.

Happens alot.

I remember last year to get our reservations linked with our friends and therefor get us to sit at the same dining table I had to give our TA our friends reservation number and name. This year our friend talked to their TA because they were changing rooms and said oh btw we linked the reservations and I checked and they were linked and we were dining together. Somehow Celebrity has made it easier to link reservations and it doesn't sound like it's a good thing. My friends didn't have my reservation number only name so if you have a common name you could also get linked with someone else by mistake.

You were probably booked into a group block.. the names automatically link... and typically the groups manager designates one seating for the group.

Happens alot.

No we were not part of a group block. We work with a local TA who does not do group bookings unless you have your own group that you are booking. She is not connected with a large agency and handles all her bookings individually. We picked out our cabin from what was listed as available on Celebrity's website.

We do have one linked reservation number for the Med cruise- it is for the transatlantic that we booked on the Zenith last November. We booked the Med cruise after we got back and decided to celebrate our retirement year (I retired in March and hubby retires in November just before the cruise). Our transatlantic links our Med cruise reservation number.

I don't get it. We're sailng B2B and can see both reservations separately (and have been able to do so since booking - booked via TA). However, I did go to check and, lo and behold, we have an unknown reservation linked to both of ours also AND they are two different reservation numbers. Our TA is checking it out. Will report when I find out resolution.

Did you book both at the same time? We booked one of the cruises (the trans) in Nov and the other in Feb. We were able to look at our trans up until we booked the Med in Feb.

When I found the extra reservations linked to mine there were actually four reservation numbers - one was our Transatlantic reservation number and the other 3 were for other people. Our trans has our Med cruise reservation number linked.

Archived