Formal clothing for children

calikak

Such a cutie pie! Now I'm wondering if we should go with a little tux instead of the Eton suit...feel silly buying both considering he'll wear them exactly once before he outgrows them.

Hi Beth,

I still vote for the Eton suit. He can wear a tux for the rest of his life but he can only wear the Eton suit when he is small.

Beth

This thread is a delight! For lurkers reading such posts warms the heart. The Dad/Son photo is a treasure ... my compliments to the family that makes the effort! I wish I had been on to see it.

I am sure that any family dressing children up for formal nights is a delight to all around them. Doing up girls is easy, maybe, but to do up a toddler in a tux is way cool!

This thread is a delight! For lurkers reading such posts warms the heart. The Dad/Son photo is a treasure ... my compliments to the family that makes the effort! I wish I had been on to see it.

I am sure that any family dressing children up for formal nights is a delight to all around them. Doing up girls is easy, maybe, but to do up a toddler in a tux is way cool!

Ab Ovo, thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and check out this thread that was created by a Mom looking for some suggestions. With all the negative comments made about children on CC, it is nice to HEAR the compliments on board. Here is an example.

Last year we traveled on HAL Noordam for the first time. There is an alternative restaurant called the pinnacle grill and the food is fabulous and not to be missed. So, all 7 of us including my son who just turned 2, and my nephew 4 sat at a large table in the pinnacle grill. Some people were turned off from just the SIGHT of the children at the table but the boys were dressed to perfection. Several people opted to have their table moved (which is fine) but didn't even give it a chance. Several people who stayed around us came over after we sat for OVER 3 HOURS and said that they have NEVER seen such well behaved children. We recieved those type of compliments over and over again and made us feel very proud. One crew member told us on our last night that she never wanted to have children. Now that she has seen the boys daily for 10 days she believes she has changed her mind!!! That is THE BEST compliment you can ever receive as a parent.

Back to the OP topic, parents tend to STRESS about what their children are going to wear. I know myself, I put a lot of effort into making him "fit in". I know for a fact that the boys were more dressed up than some men on informal night. The boys had suits with ties on and GROWN men had slacks and a polo shirt, go figure. A few older women had mentioned that they could not wait until formal night to see the boys if they were wearing suits on a night that jacket is required/tie optional. I thought it was just a comment in passing but there they were on formal night, waiting for the boys to make their grand entrance, and boy was it a spectacular one!

Thanks, everyone! I think I might just go with the Eton suit if I can talk DH into it...of course I have plenty of time to decide, since we're not going until November 2008! :D

Stop the presses: I found this and I just can't resist it:

http://www.sportkilt.com/departments/kid-kilt-child-kilt-youth-kilt/baby-kilt~1.cfm?afid=&CFID=14030415&CFTOKEN=93559764

They even have little sporrans and kilt hose and flashers! Plus it's adjustable so he can wear it other times than just during the cruise...what do you folks think?

Stop the presses: I found this and I just can't resist it:

http://www.sportkilt.com/departments/kid-kilt-child-kilt-youth-kilt/baby-kilt~1.cfm?afid=&CFID=14030415&CFTOKEN=93559764

They even have little sporrans and kilt hose and flashers! Plus it's adjustable so he can wear it other times than just during the cruise...what do you folks think?

OMG!

That's adorable!

It even has a rampant Lion on the crest of the company!

I wouldn't suggest the little guy "go Commando", as it says on the sidebar though.

Maybe hubby, though!

Karie,

who knows all about going commando...uh, I read about it somewhere!

(This is actually true. A friend sent me a website on it! I'd never heard of the term before that!)

Oh my god! Don't do it! Take it from me you will spend your entire time putting the kilt back down, re-fastening his nappy (diaper) and generally going mad! Honestly toddlers love to show everything off.

Stick with the suit, at least that is harder to remove and unfasten things under!

Oh my god! Don't do it! Take it from me you will spend your entire time putting the kilt back down, re-fastening his nappy (diaper) and generally going mad! Honestly toddlers love to show everything off.

Stick with the suit, at least that is harder to remove and unfasten things under!

Oh dear, I hadn't considered that...I suppose nobody in the dining room wants to see his nappy, or anything under his nappy, during their elegant meal! :eek: I was thinking how easy it would be to change his diaper, but hadn't considered how easy it would be for him to take off his diaper too. See, these are the tips I need as a new mom! How do moms of girls cope with skirts and dresses?

Karie, I assume you've heard the one about the blue ribbon? :D Don't think we want the little guy earning a blue ribbon, though. :eek: :D

Karie, I assume you've heard the one about the blue ribbon? Don't think we want the little guy earning a blue ribbon, though. :eek: :D

Ah, I know and love it well!

But if he's to win a blue ribbon I'd like to meet his father! :D:o:eek:

Karie,

being naughty!

Ah, I know and love it well!

But if he's to win a blue ribbon I'd like to meet his father! :D:o:eek:

Karie,

being naughty!

That's it, you're uninvited to the November 9, 2008 sailing on QM2! :D:D You'd be that person who just has to peek to see if he's True Scots, aren't you?

Archived