Friday Sale rebooked, new reservation number ?

I posted this earlier and since I seem to be the queen of ending long threads, I didn't get a response, so I would like to try again. ;)

Here is my question...I had a reservation through an online travel agent that was paying gratuities for all 5 of us, plus giving us stateroom credits. She contacted me earlier in the week to let me know that she might be able to get us a deal with the Friday Sale. One of the agency employees contacted me on Friday and said that they needed my credit card number because they were going to have to cancel my old reservations and rebook the rooms to get the deal (this reservation was originally booked through RCCL and transferred to them, therefore they didn't have the credit card number). I asked if we would be getting the RCCL OBC on top of the credit that they had already offered me, and she said that she would have to check. I asked her to leave things "as is" if we weren't going to be able to give me all of it since the TA deal is better than the RCCL deal and the original deposit was already paid. I never heard back from them on Friday, but when I emailed them yesterday, I got a one line email back that said that I was getting the Friday deal plus everything they had already offered me (our actual price was the same). Here is where my question comes in...shouldn't I have received some type of invoice showing the new reservations? The Royal Caribbean site is still showing our old reservation numbers. Would they still be the same or would they have changed since they were canceled and rebooked?

I'm curious as to how she re-booked this, because it specifically stated in the conditions of the Wow! Sale last Friday that you could not cancel & re-book.

You need to get in contact with this TA. If she sent your new invoice to you via snail mail, then it could take up to a week. It shouldn't take any longer than that & you should be able to contact her any time to get your new booking numbers.

They do keep a record of which cruises you've booked and then cancelled. You can even see this on their website if you log in with your C&A number.

Hoping the OP will explain how the TA did this. ;)

I am not sure how or even if the TA actually did this, that is why I was wondering if I would have a different booking number if it had been changed. Friday was my oldest daughter's wedding day, so I was very busy most of the morning. The TA called the house and asked my husband to have me call her back. I wasn't able to get through to the agency until about an hour before the wedding, so needless to say, I didn't have a lot of time to discuss it. The person I spoke to wasn't the regular agent that I had spoken to previously, but one of her associates who knew all about my reservations. I did tell her not to change anything on my reservations if I was going to lose the OBC and paid gratuities that they were already giving me. I didn't hear anything back from her (by phone or by email), so that was why I sent them the email to see what I was actually getting. All her email said was that I was getting the OBC on top of what they had already promised me, but since there wasn't anything personal about the response, I wasn't sure if it was a generic reply, or if they had checked my specific reservations. If I log onto RCCL's website, and go to My Cruises, it still shows my reservations. Would they still show there if they had been cancelled? Or are they showing there because I registered the booking numbers at some point? I didn't give RCCL our C&A numbers when we booked our cruise, and the TA never asked for them when we transferred the reservation to her company.

I am not going to be happy if I find out that my reservations were cancelled because of cancelling and rebooking

Why don't you call your TA? That would be your best bet, as it seems you have some things to clear up with her. I'll try to answer in the meantime:

It is possible to keep the same reservation numbers. If your reservations are still showing on RCI's website, then it is because that is the way the bookings are right now. The website is very, very up-to-date.

For example, I changed cabins from a Cat. OS quad to 2 Cat. JSs and within minutes, the new booking showed up on their website and my old booking, (which was simply moved over from one cabin to the other) was there also with the new modifications.

Why don't you call your TA? That would be your best bet, as it seems you have some things to clear up with her. I'll try to answer in the meantime:

It is possible to keep the same reservation numbers. If your reservations are still showing on RCI's website, then it is because that is the way the bookings are right now. The website is very, very up-to-date.

For example, I changed cabins from a Cat. OS quad to 2 Cat. JSs and within minutes, the new booking showed up on their website and my old booking, (which was simply moved over from one cabin to the other) was there also with the new modifications.

Yes, it looks like I will have to give her a call tomorrow. I have never used a TA before (always booked directly through the cruise line), so I guess I am just a little paranoid about things getting messed up. If Friday hadn't been such a crazy day, I would have had the time to really discuss all of this with her before anything was done, but unfortunately it was just bad timing.

I just rechecked online, and our reservations are still showing the correct room numbers and everything else, so if it was changed, all of that is remaining the same. I'm glad to hear the that website is kept so up-to-date. I am not really going to care about the additional RCCL OBC, and I never cared about the reduced deposit since ours was already paid. So as of right now, I will be happy with whatever I get as long as Royal Caribbean doesn't cancel my reservations!

Thanks for the info, Lady Jag! :)

I too booked in a frenzy on friday for the grand family suite, recd reservaton # and then had to cancel that room for the kids could not go.

I have now booked another room on the same ship and I care but don't care if I loose my obc but I don't want them canceling my reservation!

Was never told that I would loose my obc nor anything about canceling my reservation. I've asked my TA & she didn't seem to know too much. I'll check tomorrow myself.

:(

Can anyone tell me where on RCCL website you can see that OBC posted in my booking? I did take advantage of the WOW sale. Just curious.

Thanks

According to the person I talked to, they need us to give us a week or so after the sale for the credit to appear. :)

Other than that, I don't know where it would be, and I can't check right to to see if mine is there (they finally sent me my invoice so maybe my account is up to date) because it's a surprise cruise for DH and he's sitting right next to me! :p

I would love to know if your cruise was rebooked because my TA tried it for my Enchantment cruise and got nowhere. I even booked a Majesty cruise that morning and tried to switch to Sovereign 2 hours later and was told they could not do any kind of a trade because of the Wow sale conditions.

I would love to know if your cruise was rebooked because my TA tried it for my Enchantment cruise and got nowhere.

I just called the TA's office and left a message for them to call me back. The RCCL website is still showing my original booking numbers, so it appears that they must not have been able to cancel and rebook. As long as I still get the original rooms that I booked (or the same three rooms on the other side of the ship...there are only two sets of three rooms configured this way on the Liberty), and the OBCs and gratuities that she was willing to give us, I will be happy. I still feel confident that she did whatever she could because she gets very good reviews on another message board, plus I checked her out with the Better Business Bureau before I transferred the reservation to her and there were no complaints against her. I will let you know what I find out when she calls back.

Okay, they called me back. I will be getting both the OBCs that they are giving me and the ones from RCCL. She said I would be getting new booking numbers and that I will probably have them by tomorrow. I told them that I was concerned that RCCL would cancel my reservations because I had read on the boards that they would do this if I cancelled and rebooked, but they assured me that everything was fine. So, I have no idea how they did it, only that they did do it. I will feel better when I have the new numbers in my hand and can see that the old ones no longer exist...I don't want to have to pay twice for one cruise! ;) Like I said before, I feel confident that this will all work out, and as long as I get to go on the Liberty with my husband, my girls and my son-in-law, I will be a happy camper! :)

When I spoke to C&A yesterday, they indicated the following:

1. If you had a reservation and canceled it and re-booked the same sailing then your reservation will be canceled. They are currently processing the OBC's manually and if they find that this happened they will cancel the cruise since it was booked outside the guidelines for the program. It will take up to 2-3 weeks for all reservations to be processed since there were so many booked during the "sale".

2. If you booked under the Friday sale you may not change the sailing date or ship on the reservation or you will lose the OBC and the reduced deposit will no longer apply.

3. C&A discounts for Platinum, Diamond, and Diamond Plus members are not allowed.

4. Coupon codes are not allowed.

There were very specific terms and conditions to the sale on Friday.

Of course, there are also very specific terms and conditions that govern your travel agent rebating part of her commission, and those terms and conditions don't seem to bother either you or her.

So all is fair when it affects the cruise line and its rules but all is tragedy and horror when it might affect you.

I'm not understanding at all. We always reap what we sow and if we break the rules, the rules usually end up breaking us.

Of course, there are also very specific terms and conditions that govern your travel agent rebating part of her commission, and those terms and conditions don't seem to bother either you or her.

So all is fair when it affects the cruise line and its rules but all is tragedy and horror when it might affect you.

I'm not understanding at all. We always reap what we sow and if we break the rules, the rules usually end up breaking us.

I was agreeing with your post until it got a bit dramatic and harsh. :eek: I didn't read anything so dramatic by the OP, only that she'd be unhappy if they canceled her reservation. Did you really need to add in the stage show? I suppose the OP will find out in 2-3 weeks according to another poster, and if so, that means RCCL is enforcing their T&Cs.

I am the OP, and I don't see anywhere where I indicated that it would be a "tragedy or horror". If you read the entire thread, you would see that I was kind of busy at the time of the WOW Sale...it was my daughter's wedding day. I also indicated that the TA was the one that contacted me about possibly getting me the additional OBC due to the sale. I had absolutely no time to read the conditions and terms of this sale, I put my trust in the hands of the TA, since she contacted me...not the other way around. Did you see in one of my posts where I said that it really wouldn't have be a big deal if the TA couldn't get me the additional OBC? I was perfectly content with the OBC and paid gratuties that the TA was already giving me. Yes, I will be unhappy if we lose our current reservations, but only time will tell if this happens.

To all of you that have been answering my posts on this thread, here is how we stand right now...the old reservations are no longer showing on the RCCL website, and I have received new confirmations from the TA for all three cabins. As I've said before...time will tell, and I will repost if I get notification that RCCL did cancel them.

Can anyone tell me where on RCCL website you can see that OBC posted in my booking? I did take advantage of the WOW sale. Just curious.

Thanks

I have this same question about where on the website is shows the OBC. Does anyone know?

I booked a cruise during the big sale - I had RCCL on the line as well as an online travel agent - I finally got through after being on hold forever with the online agent so I booked through them. The message I continued to receive by RCCL while holding was that any old reservation cancelled and then rebooked would be found and cancelled completely - they were very adamant in that the message continued to repeat the entire time I was on hold. (also just the whole voice tone of the man speaking in the message was pretty mean). They probably have a lot to go through and I am sure many tried to do that. Once it cancels perhaps they lose it completely and have nothing to cross check, then again they may be keeping a running tab of those that cancelled to check new reservations against - but do you really think they would opt to actually lose the business? I am guessing probably not depending on the sale date chosen. My guess the message was just a way to try and scare people out of changing.

I also don't think the website shows the OBC but that they should have record of it if you call and ask them about what credits you have on the account. I always put extra on my onboard account before I sail and none of the cruise lines ever showed that in my reservation but it was there when I boarded. Not sure though about RCCL.

2. If you booked under the Friday sale you may not change the sailing date or ship on the reservation or you will lose the OBC and the reduced deposit will no longer apply.

So I better be sure to book at least one more "next cruise" while on board Freedom in case I need to change the date of my Majesty cruise. Its always nice to have backup.

4. Coupon codes are not allowed.

So if a coupon come up from C&A for the cruise I booked last Friday, I cant use it? Thats not really fair. Once again, I guess I better do a "next cruise"

I also don't think the website shows the OBC but that they should have record of it if you call and ask them about what credits you have on the account. I always put extra on my onboard account before I sail and none of the cruise lines ever showed that in my reservation but it was there when I boarded. Not sure though about RCCL.

Thanks! It is printed on my confirmation but I could not find it on the website. I was just wondering if it should have been.

All this talk of RCI cancelling my cruise is making me nervous. I booked an Aft junior sutie cabin with RCI on Thursday the day before the sale b/c they could not guarentee me the sale I booked (the smaller deposit didn't bother me and b/c of my C&A status I would get $100 of the cabin so it came out the same)....however, the next day I booked the Junior Suite Aft Cabin next to the one I booked with RCI and received $100 OBC and all my gratituties pre-paid (saved more money). I'm waiting to receive my confirmation for the new reservation and then I will cancel my RCI reservation. Will they cancel my cruise...I just decided to switch cabins.

I'm not allowed to do that????

Archived