St. Maarten excursions

Does anyone know if any (and therefore which ones) of the St. Maarten excursions tour the island and also stop or at least go by the beach that's near the end of the island runway?

I think it's Maho beach or something like that.

Also of Aruba, Curacau, St. Maarten and St. Thomas which is best (or perhaps least desireable) for scuba diving.

thanks,

Does anyone know if any (and therefore which ones) of the St. Maarten excursions tour the island and also stop or at least go by the beach that's near the end of the island runway?

Also of Aruba, Curacau, St. Maarten and St. Thomas which is best (or perhaps least desireable) for scuba diving.

thanks,

If you want my opinion, just get a cab or van to Orient Beach. They will ask whether you want to go to the Dutch side or the French side. The Dutch side wears bathing suits but they are optional on the French side. Have fun, it's a great beach.

thanks,

Scuba? I'm not sure, snorkeling: St Thomas is better than St Maarten. Sapphire beach was great for snorkeling. Took a cab for $5 a person and on the way back, got the greatest tour from our cab driver, of the island for $20 for both of us. Haven't been to Aruba or Curacao yet though.

Curacao would be the best place for scuba in my view. There is a wonderful underwater snorkel park near a sunken tug. The whole area was filled with fish and there was a really deep underwater wall/cliff. We could see the scuba diver bubbles way down below us.

Have to tell the other side! We booked Bernard (4 of us) and he never showed up. I know many here speak highly of him and maybe he just had a bad day, but I thought you should know this before booking him.

There were many other guides right there where we we were supposed to meet him. All knew who he was and it seems if he was unavoidably detained, he could have found some way to let us know. All the guides had cell phones and there was a manned information booth right there. But I guess I need that "Don't worry, be happy" island mentality!!!

Archived