Stingray city eco tour

csic

Has anyone book an excursion with grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com?? They have several to pick from on-line. Interested in the private boat tours such as the stingray city eco tour. Any info is appreciated:D

• 2 weeks later...

we booked with them this past may and did the hannibal stingray city tour. we had a great time! Though I was a bit uneasy as the meeting place seemed a bit rundown and the van had no A/C. But once on the boat we had a great time!! They took us to stingray city and 2 stops for snorkeling. They had someone taking pictures, which we purchased (he mailed a disc of them to us back in the states) and they turned out great! We also brought an underwater camera and took great pics. They provide everything you would need, including something to drink. You'll have a great time! :)

Thanks, ebandive, for the input.

I, too, was looking to book with this company. They have a 1/2 day Cayman Zodiac Stingray City Eco-Tour Adventure that takes you to Stingray City, Starfish Beach and through the mangroves....thought this might be a great educational (and fun!) op for the family.

Interested if anyone has gone on this specific tour....also, how did you get to the pickup point? We'll be the only ship in port that day so transportation (if needed) shouldn't be a problem. Thanks much!

suzski, I was also looking into the 1/2 day Cayman Zodiac stingray eco-tour. We don't leave for our cruise for another 9 months, but would love to hear some information about this tour.

Erin

Thanks, Erin.

As for the tour, I went to book yesterday (a little...okay, a LOT belatedly as we sail on the 15th), but the tour was already booked. The only thing that they had left for our port day (which, by the way, is a day that our ship is the ONLY ship in port) was the large boat that accomodates something like 45, and does a few snorkle stops but no Starfish Beach. So, I've decided to go with Native Way and we'll be doing the 'Rays, Reef and Rum Point Tour. It has gotten nothing but great reviews and, although we'll miss Starfish Beach (:(), we will be on a small boat (max 25) and will get a lunch included on what is considered by many to be the prettiest beach on Grand Cayman.

So, my advice on booking this tour (especially if your ship won't be the only one in port) is to book fairly early.

Best of luck to you and have a great time on your cruise! (and please post a review of the tour if you do go on it...great reference point for the future!)

Suzan

Archived