Price drop after GTY Assignment?

mirrajay

Hello -

Just last week, we were assigned our cabin number on the Victory set to sail on October 2nd. Then today, I was looking at Expedia for something unrelated and quickly checked the price of our cruise. Ours is still the same, but the same cruise that leaves the 2 and 3 weeks prior to ours has dropped in price considerably!!

My question is now that my cabin number has been assigned, I assume that they will not upgrade in the event of a price drop, but will they still offer ship board credit? OR if my cruise follows suit with the one's before it and I wanted to pay for an upgrade to, say, a Balcony (after the price drop on the other week's cruises, a balcony is only $50 more p/p than what we paid for an inside), would they let me do that?

Thanks for any insight!

Carey

Carey, IF there is a price drop, you should work with your TA to see if she can get you a credit.... if you are not already seeing a price drop, you may not. You are cruising at a good time and you may not see any significant drop in price. Your TA will tell you how much an upgrade will be as well... all depends on Carnivals "mood of the day", LOL. Good luck!

Archived