Hotels in Elizabeth, NJ?

Dobunee

We will be taking a cruise on RCCL's Explorer from Cape Liberty and after much reading I have decided that we don't want to stay pre-cruise in Newark. Does anyone have an opinion on the Elizabeth NJ area or maybe even the Staten Island area. If so what hotels would you recommend?

Thanks,

We will be taking a cruise on RCCL's Explorer from Cape Liberty and after much reading I have decided that we don't want to stay pre-cruise in Newark. Does anyone have an opinion on the Elizabeth NJ area or maybe even the Staten Island area. If so what hotels would you recommend?

Thanks,

Forget Staten Island, period. It will be a nightmare for transport.

As I posted before, ANY of the hotels/motels around Jersey Gardens Mall (EAST side of I-95) are fine-lots of eating options, entertainment, etc.

HOWEVER, transport to any place OTHER than the port will be costly, cumbersome and time consuming. Some of the hotels DO NOT have complimentary shuttles from EWR. You will have to get a taxi.

IF you are only flying in one day and leaving on a cruise the next, you will be fine with any of the HOTELS around EWR. You are only sleeping there for the night. Just stay away from the MOTEL (Holiday Inn, Econo Lodge, etc.) type places located off 1 & 9/Spring Street. Most have no place to eat and if you don't have a car, it will be a problem finding food (although almost all NJ pizza places deliver LOL).

Most have no place to eat and if you don't have a car, it will be a problem finding food (although almost all NJ pizza places deliver LOL).

and please...don't order Domino's or Pizza Hutt delivery...afterall you are in NJ!!!

fugitaboutit!!!

The hotels in Elizabeth by the Jersey Gardens mall are all national chains you have heard of. They are clean. They have have free AP shuttles. They are also reasonably priced.

Stay away from the ones on 1&9, 21 & 22.

The hotels in Elizabeth by the Jersey Gardens mall are all national chains you have heard of. They are clean. They have have free AP shuttles. They are also reasonably priced.

Stay away from the ones on 1&9, 21 & 22.

I don't want to seem dense but I'm assuming that 1&9, 21 & 22 are streets???

thanks for all the help,

I don't want to seem dense but I'm assuming that 1&9, 21 & 22 are streets???

thanks for all the help,

they are State Highways. Rt 1&9 are superimposed for a stretch before they actually separate.

Archived