Deck 6 Majesty of the Seas

We are staying in room 6506 on Majesty of the Seas and according to the deck plan, this room has an odd shape. It is more L shaped than rectangular. I have asked but no one from RC could tell me about it. Has anyone stayed in this room or one like it?

• 4 weeks later...

Since I am back from my cruise I guess I will answer my own question.

My wife and I just got back from a 4 day cruise on Majesty of the Seas. We had room 6506. We did not get any pictures of the room. It would be rather hard to do so anyway. This room is shaped almost like what you see on the deck plan. As you enter the room the bathroom is on the right and the closet on the left. The closet works as a divider between the entry hall and the bed. There is a small desk on the right after you pass the bathroom. It is small but we heard that the rooms are on this ship. This was our first cruise so we have nothing to compare it to. The window has a chute to it and I acutally saw some windows that were similar and people had put pillows in it and it was actually large enough for an adult to lie in. We saw the standard rectangular rooms as we would walk down the hall but I couldn't tell if our room was larger or smaller. The only complaint I really had about our room is that the television is mounted on the wall ABOVE the headboard. When we wanted to watch T.V. we had to move our pillows to the other end of the bed, but we weren't in the room that much and didn't watch T.V. much either. I have read some reviews where people complained about the noise from the track above. This was not a problem for us and they have signs sitting on the track which say "absolutely no jogging or power walking between 10:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m.". The window in this room looks out over the hull and if you get in the chute of the window you can watch the men prepare the ropes and anchor when you come into port. Yes it can be little noisy when the anchor drops but this is usually not before 7 in the morning. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Archived