Review Transatlantic Cruise 4/28/07-5/14/07 (Long)

janpatch

Here is my review of our 16-day transatlantic cruise on the Grand Princess 4/28/07-5/14/07. I'm a CC lurker who really got a lot out of the Cruise Critic website and hopefully will be helpful to someone else. Sorry it took me so long to get this posted. We REALLY loved our first Princess cruise!!! :)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=29705

Great review--thanks for writing it! I've wondered if we'd enjoy a Transatlantic, and I think you've answered that question for me!

We, too, are from Texas (Lockhart) and will sorely miss Princess's presence in Galveston.

Enjoyed your review. It's on the agenda for a transatlantic cruise in 2009, after your review, it's gotta happen.

Will you be posting pictures?

I'm going to Portugal this summer and plan on visiting the sites you mentioned while you were in Lisbon.

Thank you

Rose:o

Janpatch,

I, too was on this cruise and thought you did a wonderful job of describing the experience. There was a very large CC group, The Ramblin Romer's, on board, and we had a Grand time. Wish you had joined the Roll Call, they were lovely people. The Azores were a total surprise for us, really didn't have any expectations and were delighted by what we saw. We toured with another couple from the CC group and were enchanted by this island.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Regards,

Shannon

Great review--thanks for writing it! I've wondered if we'd enjoy a Transatlantic, and I think you've answered that question for me!

We, too, are from Texas (Lockhart) and will sorely miss Princess's presence in Galveston.

Becky, glad you enjoyed the review...I KNOW you would enjoy a Transatlantic. The ports were awesome and so were the sea days! It was by far our favorite cruise! By the way, we own property in Luling, Texas and visit the Lockhart area quite frequently! Small world! :) Janice

Enjoyed your review. It's on the agenda for a transatlantic cruise in 2009, after your review, it's gotta happen.

Will you be posting pictures?

I'm going to Portugal this summer and plan on visiting the sites you mentioned while you were in Lisbon.

Thank you

Rose:o

Rose,

I believe I mentioned that I am a "lurker" on CC and quite new at this...I did take lots of pictures and have some really good ones of Lisbon. If I can figure out how to post pictures on this thread I will. Maybe I can get to it this weekend. Enjoy your trip to Portugal, we loved our visit in Lisbon! :) Janice

Janpatch,

I, too was on this cruise and thought you did a wonderful job of describing the experience. There was a very large CC group, The Ramblin Romer's, on board, and we had a Grand time. Wish you had joined the Roll Call, they were lovely people. The Azores were a total surprise for us, really didn't have any expectations and were delighted by what we saw. We toured with another couple from the CC group and were enchanted by this island.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Regards,

Shannon

Shannon,

I did lurk on the CC Roll Call boards (that's where I got a lot of great tips for the cruise) before the cruise and really intended to pop in on one of the CC group meetings, but never got around to it. It sounds like you all had a great group and I'm sorry we missed it. We enjoyed the Azores as well and got some great pictures. Thanks for reading the review and happy cruising...:)

Janice

Hi Jan

Have to ask, is your surname Patch? Because that is mine. Your name immediately caught my notice and made me stop short for a minute or two as my sister-in-law before marriage was JanPatch :D

Val

Val,

Patch is my DH's nickname, so I use a combination of my first name and his nickname for my nickname. That's funny that your SIL's name happens to be the same! :) Happy cruising...

Janice

Archived